The Muse's Touch [The Wayward Shadows #1]

Timeline: June 13th - June 26th:

Author: PixieStormcrow

Author Bio: I'm a contemporary and paranormal erotic romance author with a focus on relationships involving D/s in some shape or form. I have 3 main series in the works: The Playgrounds (formally known as the Red Room with the first book released this spring), The Wayward Shadows and the Midnight Retellings Collection.

Book Title: The Muse's Touch [The Wayward Shadows #1]

Genre: Paranormal

Short Summary:

The first book introduces the paranormal world where the not-quite-human coexists in secret. Paige Summers is an erotic romance author whose inspiration comes from her time spent with her dream-lover. But when his doppelganger shows up at her doorsteps after she was attacked by something out of a horror movie, she has to decide whether she could entrust her survival, and her heart, to him.

Possible Triggers: Contains explicit sex scenes with D/s dynamics

Strongest Writing Trait: Creating well-rounded, 3-dimensional characters and strong plot lines with few plot holes. In addition, I tend to research for my books quite thoroughly.

Weakest Writing Trait: My weakest trait hands down are the technical parts of writing and proofreading. Watch me mix up his and her's all over. I'm working on getting better with things like getting rid of independent body parts and overuse of 'ing words. I know this book needs a serious edit so I ask for now that for now, as reviewers, to be generous in any grammatical mistakes.

Help request: My goal is to always depict healthy relationships (even if they don't start out that way in this case). In this series, I also want to portray strong female characters and I would like to ask reviewers on whether I have accomplished those goals. In addition, is the plot weighed down by too much lore? Exposition? Telling instead of showing? I'd appreciate if reviewers can spot those things.

Link: Click the external link at the bottom, or you can find the book listed on the profile's reading list.

☆☆☆☆

You have a minimum of two weeks to read as many chapters as you can/want. We ask that you read a minimum of 3-5 chapters to get a good feel for the author's work. Once you've finished reading, you may use the questions provided on the Reading Process chapter to guide you through your review and feedback. The form to hand in your review is available for you on the EBC profile bio.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, have fun!

Happy reading/writing!