Escaping Conviction (Night Stalkers #1) (Feedback)

ReviewerEllenFairyBlue4

Comments: Escaping Conviction wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Please note I didn't read the blurb but I jumped right into chapter one. Chapter one opens with Jules coming to Jason's aid. I first thought this was a criminal and lawyer romance. But we don't quite get that. No we are thrust into the middle of a missing person case. Jason and Jules does have some nice chemistry going between them but I felt like Ellie's part in the story had more of an impact on me. I only read up to chapter eight but I could imagine the horrible things that Ellie will see during her kidnapping. I feel like Ellie will be a completely different person by the end of the story if the story ends with her being found as this is only book one. I love the interaction between Jules and Jason. It was short but their encounters showed they have a passionate past together. Would I continue to read? Most likely. While the things Ellie will go through makes me a little uncomfortable I still want to know how this story turns out. I look forward o more Jason and Jules encounters as I felt like I don't quite have a good gasp on them as far as their relationship goes. Anyway this story was well written minus a few maybe two issues. The story reminds me of another completely different story but I'm hoping it's not too graphic on the rape and/or violence scenes to where I can't finish it like I did with this other story I'm thinking about. Great job on capturing the emotional aspect. 

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

ReviewerJaszElise

Comments: In all my years of reading romance novels this one is by far the most rarest and best book I've ever read.The male MC Jason is somewhat like the other female MC except that he was in the military and thought it was the best idea he ever made only this time his idea by leaving his girlfriend and the town where he grew up had cause a huge butterfly effect in his life.

His ex girlfriend seems ok to me but after I read chapter 5 where she was talking to Andrew Ascot who acts like he's the gift from God seems like she was really hurt when Jason broke up with her.The plot was definitely rare to me because it involves scandalous rumors, human trafficking, and a lot of heated emotions that will come up in the later chapters.

This story really pulled me in like never before. I couldn't stop reading it because I prefer romance stories that don't always has the weak female MC and the arrogant male MC. The plot was amazing and the characters are definitely good and I need to read the whole thing because it's way too good to put down.

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

ReviewerReggaeGirl4

Comments: -I read until including chapter 6.1.

- so my review is based on what I read so far

-will definitely continue reading after my review and will leave comments in case I change my mind about any of the following review points over the course of the story

-maybe ensure that conversation/dialogs sound like people would actually talk that way, some dialogs sound stiff while others seem really authentic

-the Ellie/Sasha storyline was hard for me to get into as the characters weren't introduced enough to sympathize with them

-Jason and Jules have great chemistry in most of their dialogs that show the tension between them, and their longing for each other very well

-the pace of the book is neither to slow nor to fast