Chapter Sixteen

Two weeks later, it was Melanie and Kyle's wedding day. Jessica arrived at the church with Melanie and Ashley and they got ready in the bride's room. Jessica sat there staring at the floor.

"Jess," Ashley said.

"Huh, what," Jessica said.

"Oh Jess, he hasn't called you or anything, has he," Ashley said.

"Nope," Jessica said.

"He told us he needed to think," Ashley said.

"I guess he thought it wasn't meant to be," Jessica said.

"You will be okay, you have us," Melanie said.

"But you are getting married and you have Alex, I'm all alone," Jessica said.

"You will find that someone, Jess, Nick will realize what he gave up," Ashley said. Jessica closed her eyes and sighed. She looked at Ashley and Melanie.

"How can I move on if my heart is broken," Jessica said. There was a knock at the door. Jessica faced away from the door. Ashley opened the door and saw Nick standing there. He came in and walked over to Jessica.

"Hey," Nick said. She looked up at him. He knelt down beside her and wiped her tears away.

"Hey," Jessica said.

"I'm sorry, that it took me this long to come talk to you, I was just mad at myself for walking off like that, for pushing you away," Nick said. She threw herself in his arms and buried her face in his neck. He held her close.

"Please don't do that again, I would never lie to you," Jessica said.

"I know, I was an idiot, Brian took a leave of absence from work and he went to stay with his parents for awhile and get some counseling, he said he'll come back once he got the help he needs," Nick said.

"I love you Nick," Jessica said. Nick crushed his mouth to hers in a deep kiss.

"I love you too, baby," Nick said resting his forehead against hers. She smiled and rested her head against him.

"So happy for you guys!" Ashley said.

"Yes, now let's get this wedding going," Melanie said.

"Okay, I'll see you out there, ladies," Nick said. He kissed Jessica's forehead and went out the door. They finished getting ready and went out and Ashley walked down the aisle. Alex gazed at her as he stood behind Nick who was best man to Kyle. Jessica walked down the aisle. Nick gazed at her. She smiled at him. The music started and Melanie walked down the aisle with her father. Kyle smiled and gazed at her. He took her hands in his and they faced each other. The ceremony began. They exchanged vows and rings and shared their first kiss and walked out as husband and wife. Nick held out his arm and Jessica hooked his arm with hers and they walked out followed by Ashley and Alex. They went to the reception. They got something to eat and sat down and ate and talked. Soon it was time for the first dance. Jessica smiled and looked at Nick.

"What baby?" Nick asked.

"This song may be for their first dance, I'm singing it to you, babe," Jessica said. Nick smiled and kissed her as she got up and went onstage.

"Hey all, it's time for the first dance between Melanie and Kyle," Jessica said. The song started and she performed the song as Melanie and Kyle danced. Jessica gazed at Nick as he gazed back at her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live my life with you
I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

(Song: From This Moment On by Shania Twain)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After she was done, everyone clapped. She smiled and waved and got offstage and the band took over. Nick pulled her onto the dance floor and they danced to a slow song. He held her close and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I love you, Jess, so much," Nick said.

"I love you, too," Jessica said.

Two hours later, after Melanie and Kyle left, Nick and Jessica headed home to his place since he was alone and Alex was staying with Ashley at the girl's place.

"So Melanie is going to be moving out so that leaves just you and Ashley at the house alone, are you guys going to be okay with the bills without Melanie there helping?" Nick asked.

"I haven't thought that far ahead yet," Jessica said.

"Brian moved out of here so it's pretty much just me and Alex, maybe we could do some switching," Nick said.

"You want to live together?" Jessica asked.

"It would make the most sense, Alex is always over there, you would give them space by being over here, why not just have them live there and we live here," Nick said.

"Nick," Jessica said.

"Jess, I want to go to bed with you in my arms and wake up with you in my arms every morning, that first night we slept in the same bed, was the best night's sleep ever," Nick said.

"Mine too," Jessica said.

"What do you say, shall we go talk with them about it?" Nick asked. Jessica looked at him and nodded. He grinned and kissed her deeply. He held her close. She rested against him. The kiss turned into a full makeout session to where they were lying on the couch. He began kissing her neck. She smiled as she enjoyed his lips on her neck. He moved up and crashed his mouth to hers in a deep kiss. She felt him against her leg. He pulled back and buried his face in her neck. She held him close.

"Let's get to bed, baby, too much fun today, wore me out," Nick said. Jessica smiled and they got up and went upstairs after he locked up the house. He gave her a shirt and a pair of boxers to change into and he stripped down to his boxers and got into bed. She came out of the bathroom after changing and got into bed and he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. She rested her head on his chest and they went to sleep.