Chapter Twenty Three

Three weeks later, Nick hasn't spoken to his parents and they have tried to contact him but he refuses to speak to them until they accept Jessica as his girl. Nick sat in his office at work going over applications to hire people to work there. They were short staffed and he advertised for jobs and got some applicants and the first interview was soon. There was a knock at the door. He looked up and saw a guy there.

"Hello," he said.

"Jake Richards?" Nick asked.

"Yes, you the boss?" Jake said.

"One of them, have a seat," Nick said.

"Thanks," Jake said sitting down.

"I'm Nick, I've gone over your application here and it says you don't have any previous jobs," Nick said.

"Well, the truth is I can't remember them, I was in an accident and I woke up after not knowing who I was, and I can't remember anything from my past so I don't know about any jobs, they couldn't find any family for me and no one has come forward so I'm kind of on my own, I'm trying to start my life over," Jake said.

"Okay, you are hired, we will get you trained, and this will be your fresh start," Nick said.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it," Jake said as they shook hands. They went over everything that needed to be done and he left. Nick got out his phone and sent a text to Jessica.

"Hey baby, I miss you," Nick texted.

"I miss you too, babe, you okay?" Jessica texted. Nick looked up and saw his parents standing in the doorway of his office.

"I was until now, my parents are here," Nick texted.

"Do you need me to come there?" Jessica texted.

"No, baby, I'll be okay, I love you," Nick texted.

"I love you too, see you at home," Jessica texted.

"See you at home, and I want to see another sexy outfit," Nick texted.

"Of course you do," Jessica texted. Nick put his phone down and looked at his parents.

"What are you two doing here," Nick said.

"Son, we really need to talk to you," James said.

"If you can't accept Jessica as a part of my life, we have nothing to talk about, I am not breaking up with her, I love her," Nick said.

"We aren't asking you to," Bonnie said.

"You think she's lying to me, she doesn't know anything more than what she was told, she has been honest with me, we have come up with some theories of our own, maybe he's not dead, maybe he's out there somewhere and there was a case of mistaken identity and he's got amnesia and living a life somewhere else, who knows, all she knows is that two officers came and told her that he died in a roadside bomb and she mourned him, there was a funeral and all that, that's all she knows, okay," Nick said.

"We realize that now, you are our son, we didn't want you to get hurt, we talked more about it and we realized that she doesn't know anymore than she's been told," Bonnie said.

"I did more checking, they did send two officers to her house to inform her about Jacob and there was a funeral and there is a grave with his name on it, but there is no record of him being killed in a roadside bomb, unless it was someone else and it is a case of mistaken identity, they are going to dig up his grave and run some tests on the body in the casket to see who the soldier really is," James said. Nick looked at his father and then at his mother.