2

"I had half of you supposedly competent morons doing nothing but watching and monitoring cameras for every movement these people make," I felt my fists balling as I got angrier. "You had one job! What the hell went wrong?!" 

The group of men and women not daring to look at me, heads down and silent were the supposed experts on these kinds of matters. The supposed experts who didn't catch when the kids who were abducted from Ukraine were taken to Germany. Morons.

I slammed my palms on the table, making all the objects on it rattle. "Answer me!"

One of the women stood up and cleared her throat. "We barely had a trace on them, Boss. We didn't have enough to work with, we were bound to not find them."

I scoffed, unable to believe she actually dared to stand up and answer. She was probably right, but imagine what would happen if I let this one slide. I already have enough people not thinking I have what it takes to be tough and deal with this. I don't need my own people think I'm going soft.

"Not enough? You had access to the cameras of the entire world! When we hired each of you, it was for help not burden. You are supposed to be the best of the best. Now tell me, why is it that Gabriel was the one who found out about this when he wasn't even on this duty? Huh?"

Again, they were all silent.

I walked around the table and looked them in the eye. They seemed intimidated enough. "I want every single eye on them. Every single one. If any movement goes without watching, one of you is gonna take the hit. If any of those children die because you were all too incompetent to do your damn job, you won't like what happens. Get back to work."

They all quickly got up and scattered out of the room. They were the "Eyes" like we called them. A group of pro-level hackers and computer geeks we hired to help out Gabriel in these big jobs.

Once the last one left the room, Elijah closed the door.

"Man," Gabriel whined. "Now they're probably gonna quit on me."

I scoffed, "please. They're too scared to even do that."

He made a face as if to say true.

"What do we do now?" Elijah asked.

I sighed, I really don't know. I barely ever know what to do. What can I do? Still, I can't answer that.

"Let the person going to Ukraine know that plans have changed. I want them to find a way to infiltrate wherever Andrich is stationed and find out if he had anything to do with this. If he does, then I want everything they found sent over and need them to ask about the confirmation for a kill order. No killing without my command."

Elijah nodded, "that all?"

"For now."

He nodded again, leaving the room.

Gabriel sat on the table, "what are we going to do about the kids in Germany."

I sat down on one of the chairs. "I don't know, Gabe. We can't send men there, anyway. They'd kill them on the spot. Germany has turned against us entirely so there is no gang who will help us there. We can't really get any hands on them there."

"So the kids just...die?" He seemed hesitant when asking that question.

I ran my hands through my face. The frustration has really been getting at me. That and the complete lack of sleep. "I hope not. It's a sex trafficking ring, so they'll get sold first. It will be outside of Germany most likely so all we can do if find a way to hack their databases and find the kids' location outside of there. I'm gonna lock in France this week, that way we'll have a full 360 degree surveillance on them. We already have people stationed in parts of Poland, so I can leave them be for now. I'll get them on our payroll eventually."