3

No sleep. No food. No rest. Nothing.

For the past two days I've had nothing. There is no trace of Veronica anywhere. Just speculations of where she might be.

There is no way she ran away, so the only option is abduction.

It didn't make sense. At all.

No one would dare to abduct one of us. It would mean a war, and no one is prepared for a war against us. We have too many allies, the worlds supply of guns and money. We have more men around the world than most organizations.

It feels like we're missing something huge.

"Look, here." Elijah pointed at the screen. Veronica was at the airport in Al Dhafra. She was buying a cup of coffee and sitting down on a chair in the first class lounge. "That's the last place she was sighted. Which makes zero sense because we would have surveillance from her getting back on the plane or moving or anything."

I tied my hair up in a bun and played the tape again. "Yes, but look," I pointed to the screen. "There is a wave of people right after. It was maybe a twenty or thirty second window. If done with proper organization, it's doable. They grab her when the cameras are blinded from all sides by the people and take her where we have no reach."

Mateo finished the last of his water. "Have we heard anything from the people we sent over the Emirates?"

I shook my head, "nothing. They've been investigating, but they can only do so much. One wrong move and they get killed and then we've tipped off the people who took her."

Gabriel pulled at his hair, "that doesn't matter. We know it's a highly skilled group of people with resources. They must have known about us looking for her to wait for the cameras to be blocked. They know exactly who Veronica is, so this isn't just a random group of lowlife's. And," he pulled a tab on the computer, "I got all the information on every passenger in that plane. They all got on afterwards, so they all clear out. These people knew about her flight, her stops and were waiting for her right outside."

"How?" Mateo and I asked at the same time.

"I don't know," Gabriel answered.

I hated this. It reminded me too much of Mussolini. Like we were being watched. It feel creepy and made my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Feeling on the brink of wanting to off myself, I got up. "I need more water. I'll be back."

They nodded, not bothering to turn around. I went for the door and opened it to leave, but wasn't able to take another step.

The utter shock paralyzed me.

I felt my blood freeze and my brain shut down. This...I...what.

"Hi," he said.

Nicolas Alfonsi.

He was standing in front of me. Tall like I remembered. Red shirt, black jeans. His hair was slightly longer and he had some scruff. Big brown eyes.

My mouth stopped working.

I haven't seen him in two years. I haven't allowed myself to think of him for two years. I willed myself to forget him and my memories with him.

He's a past forgotten. A past I wanted- no, needed to forget.

And now he's right here in front of me.

He didn't look away from my eyes. He stared intensely, like he always used to do. As if he was trying to drink in every thing about me. As if he was trying to see through me, which most of the time he can. Could. He could.