8

"Don't you think shooting the man in his balls was a bit of overkill?" I asked Nicolas as I leaned over the doorknob and tried picking the lock.

He huffed and pulled the mask up, "he kicked me in the face. I thought you said he was tired."

I sighed in relief when the door clicked open. "Yeah, tired. I never said disabled or motionless. He would obviously get an adrenaline high from the fight. I only mentioned he was tired because it helped to catch him off guard."

We moved through the halls as silent as possible. I saw where the bar was and peeked my head slightly inside. "Yeah, well we needed gruesome."

I moved back and we went to the hallway Gabriel had told me about. "You're nervous."

"Am not." He looked insulted.

I rolled my eyes, "yes, you are. And you need to control those nerves or you'll get us both killed. Call Gabriel."

He took out the burner and dialed the number. We waited by the hallway and looked to make sure no one was around. It was clear.

"Guide us." Nicolas said. I waited for him to signal me some way. "Yes, well we needed your voice. Shut the fuck up and tell us where to go. Of course we had to kill him...silencers, obviously. Got it." He looked at me and pointed ahead. "He opened the door to the stairwell, hurry."

I speed walked to the door and swung it open, slowly climbing up the stairs. "He said the guy is heading to his office now, the coast is clear. Go!"

I took the steps two at a time and reached the fourth floor breathless. There was another door with pass code, of course.

"20-02-01," Nicolas muttered and punched the numbers into the keypad. The light turned green and it opened on its own.

"Down the hall to the right," he whispered. "Thanks Gabe. Call back if anything."

I looked around as I made my way to the two double doors. "He said he's almost there. We can hide at either side of the doors and wait for him to put in the print, then force him in with us."

I nodded and we both made our way to the hiding spot where we wouldn't be seen when he came in, but would be easy to reach him when he was there. I chose the corner of a wall leading into another room, which hid me well and was across from the double doors.

I held in my breath when I heard footsteps. He was here.

He walked to the door without seeing me, and I kept myself hidden until he pushed his thumb in the sensor.

As soon as the door opened, I jumped him.

I wrapped my arm around his neck from behind and tightened it as much as I could. He grunted and pushed back, ramming me against the wall.

My back hit the wall and I cursed. When he headbutted me, my head hit the brick and I felt the pain immediately. Both on my nose and the back of my head. "Nicolas, the door!"

Nicolas stepped in and stopped the door from closing. I used all my strength to push us forward inside the room and we toppled over, him on top of me.

"Get the information!" I ordered and Nicolas nodded, running for the computer.

Schweihs rammed his elbow into my side and my arm gave out. He scrambled away, but I grabbed his foot and pulled him back down. His face slammed into the floor.

Angry, he pulled his foot back and kicked me in the face.

Last fucking straw.

I took out the switch blade and jumped forward, stabbing him in the thigh. He screamed and tried to kick me again, but I got on top of him before he could.