Lokison

An AU Spidey-Snake story requested by Kal-drxwn on my other story, Spider and Snake! I love this AU so much I decided to make a separate one shot book for it!

Peter had to admit, his life was pretty good all things considered. He was a super hero stopping crime and saving lives while somehow managing to be a top student in school; not to forget about his 'internship' at Stark Industries. It was awesome.

Despite finding out that his whole childhood was a lie via a freak accident, forcing May to come clean with him, Peter felt as if he was still winning in life. He could live with what he found out and, in a way, it made sense.

But then the Asgardians came to Earth.

To the Compound, more specifically.

They weren't going to stay there permanently, just until they were able to find a place to settle and set up houses for everyone to live in. Meaning for a few months... the Compound was at maximum occupancy and completely full of life.

And Peter had to admit, things got a little awkward after that - for him at least. He knew that Thor would return one day, which was fine! Peter had always wanted to meet the golden man! It was that Loki had come back with him that put Peter on edge... Thor claimed that Loki was a changed man, much better than what he was before and that people could trust him now. Peter wanted to believe him... He wanted to go over and greet Loki like the rest of them were doing. But instead he stayed in the back of the room and slipped out the door once introductions were over.

A month ago, Peter would have been so excited to meet the two of them. He was such a big fan of Thor, and anyone could see Loki's charm even from a distance! Being friends with them would be... awesome.

But he knew the truth about his family's involvement with Loki and he just couldn't face that right now. He would rather take on Flash and the Vulture within the same hour than this.

A part of him wondered if the two alien gods knew about him... If they did, they certainly didn't care- No, no; he couldn't push that on them! They were amazing and nice and probably didn't know.

And they wouldn't know. Peter would make sure that they never found out. If anyone knew the truth, it would create so many problems and probably a lot of arguments and fighting and Peter really didn't want to be the cause for another break in the Avengers.

"You're that spider-child," A smooth voice said from behind him, causing Peter to jump. He spun around to see Loki standing there, a small smirk as he looked Peter up and down. "I have to say, I almost didn't recognize you without the suit. Was that one of Stark's designs?"

Opening and closing his mouth for a second longer than he was proud of, Peter cleared his throat and shook his head. "Yes- no! I mean, kinda? I came up with the original design, he just... improved it."

Loki nodded slowly, his eyes narrowing a fraction. "I see... Do you know what else I see?"

Peter gulped, not trusting his voice as he shook his head.

"I see you, child." Loki leaned closer, "You're always watching Thor and I with a very strange look, one I would almost name guilt. But that can't be, what would you have to be guilty over that involved us?"

This wasn't good... This was definitely not good. Peter's heart was beating too fast, he couldn't think. What was he supposed to say to that? There was nothing to say! The gig was up; Loki knew! Of course he knew! Only an idiot wouldn't know! Peter was the idiot for thinking that Loki wouldn't figure it out!