1

Stan Uris

"Good morning Stan, you wanna play some frisbee?" Bowers mocked me, stealing the kippah off my head and yanking my hair along with it. He pushed me backwards, causing me to tumble.

Him and his boys tossed it back and forth before dipping it in the mud then placing it back on my head. "Good as new. I'll enjoy seeing you get pummeled by Denbrough after school." He laughed, walking into the school.

"Denbrough?" I repeated in confusion. I quickly collected myself and stood up. I put my kippah in my backpack since it was dripping wet with disgust.

"Stan the man! How's it hanging?" Richie smiled approaching me with his arm around his best friend.

"Hey Richie, Eddie, I don't know how you put up with this idiot." I retorted, neatly putting my kippah away since it was dripping wet.

"I don't know either." Eddie shrugged.

"Do you guys know a Denbrough?"

"Bill Denbrough? Of course. He's really quiet, moved to town last year and he doesn't have a lot of friends. Heard he terrorized his last school, beating up anyone whenever he felt like it." Richie explained.

"According to Bowers I'm fighting him."

"Stan, you're gonna go straight home after school okay? I don't want one of my friends leaving school with bruises and a broken hand or something." Eddie instructed.

Beverly, Mike and Ben walked over to greet us. "You heard? Stanny's gonna fight Bill Denbrough." Richie smiled, shaking me by the shoulders.

"But you're a peaceful, bird. Why do you wanna fight a kid?" Mike raised a brow.

"It's not that I want to, he wants to I guess. Bowers told me about it." I clarified, looking around for anyone who might be Bill.

"But can we really trust what Bowers says?" Mike skeptically questioned.

"Well if it is true, I think you can fight Bill off, I'm on your side." Beverly smiled, lightly punching me on the shoulder.

"Thanks Bev, but I'm more of a runner than a fighter. Once I figure out who he is and what he looks like I'll know who I need to avoid." I explained.

"I've seen him before, quiet, tallish, brown hair, brown eyes." Richie informed.

"Thanks for trying Richie, but that's way too vague."
---

"Eds can you tell dear Stanny boy that he's being more cautious than you and that's very bad?" Richie requested, taking a bite out of Eddie's sandwich.

"He has a point Stan, I think you need to calm down a little." Bev agreed before spitting a spit ball at Richie who sat infront of her. "Hey!" Richie groaned, throwing a pea at her.

"Main thing is that you should find out why he wants to fight you. And please stop hiding under the table." Ben innocently advised.

"I kinda feel like Eddie. No offense."

Eddie stuck his tongue at me before Richie took another bite out his sandwhich. "Richie!" Eddie groaned.

"Don't worry Stan, you'll make it out alive. You can hide in the bathroom after school or something if it makes you feel safer." Bev assured, throwing another spitball at Richie.

"I asked around during class and I've gotten multiple seperate reasons for this fight, actually. You started the fight for fun, He wants to fight you for 'being a fag', he tried blackmailing you to do his homework but you declined so he's declaring vengeance." Mike listed, trying to remember all of the rumours.

"The only one that's realistic is that he wants to fight you for being gay." Ben pointed out.

"Okay! Maybe we shouldn't start a food fight." Eddie calmed Richie and Bev, motioning to put down their weapons.

I spotted old converse shoes walking over to our table.

"S-S-Stan Uris, it's Bill D-denbrough. I need t-to talk to you." A tall boy towered over me still under the table.

"L-look at the time! I should be heading to the principal's office. Yeah!" I stammered, running out the cafeteria.

Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back.

I kept repeating those words while running to the closest washroom.

I locked myself in a stall in heavily sighed. I'm such a loser. I smiled at that, as much as an insult being a loser should be I'm proud to be one.

Slow footsteps got louder as someone approached the stalls.

"Uh, Stan?" I tried not to gasp.

"St-stan, I know you're in here." The boy said, it was Bill.

"Stan g-get out of the stall." He commanded in a stern voice. How is he stuttering at a moment like this? I'm the one who's going to get beaten up not him.

"No!" Shouted, causing him to take a step back.

"Alr-right, I'll c-call Richie to comf-fort you." He sighed, walking back out.

"Yo, Trashm-mouth!" He yelled, leaving the bathroom.

I sighed of relief before hearing "I'll buy you a new pair of binoculars if you get outta there!"

"Damn it Richie, fuck off!"

"Come on man, he was nice enough to call me wasn't he?" Not that I could see Richie, I could tell he rolled his eyes.

"I guess so." I mumbled, walking out the stall.

"St-stan-" "I'm going back in." I interrupted Bill who I didn't realize was standing next to Richie.

"Fine, fine, I'm going." He gave up, walking out.