9

"Guys, I have a secret to tell you. Don't freak out, but I like Bill." I blurt to the losers.

The losers laughed then moved on to picking a vinyl that Richie's Dad had stored in their basement.

"No gasp? No 'oh my god, really?' "

"Uh, see here, Stan the man. We knew about this from the start." Ben stated sheepishly.

"Really?" I gulped.

"Dumbass." Richie snorted, slapping my back.

"Now if only he knew and he liked me back..." I mumbled.

"He clearly has since you started tutoring him, Stanley." Bev pointed out.

"I mean...I can see that it seems like he's flirting with me but he does that with Eddie and is just being really friendly." I explained with a heavy sigh.

"First off he truly is flirty with you. Secondly, he does that to annoy Richie and thirdly, he's being more than friendly." Eddie raised a brow.

"He holds your hands, offers you his jacket when you're cold and plays with your hair. Dude, you seriously gotta catch these hints." Mike told.

"But he told me he likes Bev-" I stopped myself, slapping my hand over my mouth. I turned to the group who is now staring at me. 

"What the fuck?" Richie squinted. 

Bev narrowed her eyes with a puzzled look on her face. "That's totally a lie."

"But why would he lie, Bev?"

"He's nervous, he thinks you'll reject him. Come on, Stan the man just admit he likes you and get on with it!" Bev sighed.

"Well, I'm tutoring him later so I'll confront him then," I stated, checking my watch for the time.

"Cause all I am to him is his tutor, his friend. But if you guys say otherwise then I'll shoot my shot." I grinned.

---

"That's not even the question we're doing Bill, are you okay? You seem really out of it." I raised a brow, looking at the boy who was nervously sweating. He took a large gulp out of his coffee and I took a bite out of my chocolate bar.

"I'm j-j-j-just tired." He replied, timidly falling his head onto my lap. 

"So cute," I mumbled, causing him to chuckle. "You heard that!"

"Y-yes, sir." He smirked. "I-I gotta know, who are you cr-crushing on?" He asked as I played with his hair. "I-you're g-gay, right? Do you like me then?"

 I gulped and gave a nod. "I'm gay, totally, I just don't like you."

He lifted his head off my lap and held my hand. "Oh...Well, I'm pansexual, and I really like you."

"I thought you weren't I-I take that back. I like you." I stammered. A long silence fell on us as we were speechless. I slowly began to stare at his lips and leaned in. 

"I think I'm gonna n-need a mint or s-something." He nervously stuttered.

"It's alright." I brushed it off, kissing him softly. It was short, slightly longer than a peck but for a thirteen-year-old, this was all the action I could take before passing out with embarrassment.

"Neverm-mind, next time we kiss remember I don't like bitter tastes." I blushed, licking my lip that had a weak kick of coffee.

"Remuh-member that I d-d-don't like sweet stuff." He said, wiping off the flavour of chocolate that lingered on his mouth.

"Honestly, I didn't really know that you like me," I revealed. 

"Really? I th-thought I was v-very obvious." He smiled. "Th-that was th-the reason I asked you to t-tutor me."

"Fuck, sorry Bill, you had to wait so long for me to realize."

"It was worth it Stan."

"I have one more question for you though, why do you always have bruises? And how come for a while you made us hang out in secluded places?" I asked politely, following with "You don't have to tell me, but it'd be nice for me to know."

"You know buh-blabber mouth Bowers? He found out I was gay a-and threatened to tell everyone. He's convinced that wuh-wuh-we've b-been lovers since day one. The truth has been slowly spreading and I've b-been fighting everyone who figures it out. But recently, e-e-ever since I've gotten this close to you I don't think i-it'd be that bad to be out of th-the closet."

"He was half right. I really like you," I repeated, wrapping my arms around him. 

"I like you too, a lot."

And that was when a tapping sound was heard on Bill's window. We both stood up and opened the window. A pebble flew and hit Bill's forehead before he stumbled to the floor.

After making sure he's okay I poked my head out the window. 

"Did you guys fuck yet!" Richie yelled, on the lawn with the rest of the losers.

"Bye-bye! We'll talk to you guys later!" I shouted. 

"I see you want some round two action-" And that was when Bill was quick to return the pebble that now pummeled Richies' (not so beautiful to begin with) face. 

"So, you down for round two?" He teased, kissing my cheek after shutting the window to drown out Richies' mimicking moans and Bev's cheering.

"Who knew Richie could see into the future." I smiled, pecking his forehead.

---

It's the time all y'all been waiting for. DoEs tHiS sAtIsFy yOu?

I'm...I'm proud of this chapter. But sadly this is the last chapter of Lawn boy...

I'm thinking of making another Stenbrough or possibly a Reddie fanfic if you're down for it. Let me know which you'd prefer.

Thank you so much for all the people reading this, everyone's comments light up my day. 

-The author, Winry