7

Fuck, what the hell am I doing?

I didn't expect to turn down McDonald's with Richie, Eddie, Ben and Beverly but here I am.

Crouching.

Behind a dumpster.

Watching Stan and Mike on their date.

"So what are we doing?" Richie popped from around the corner with Eddie on his left. I almost screamed, whipping my head back to them.

"Why are you stalking their date?" Eddie asked, peering over the garbage can before I quickly motion them to duck.

"I'm n-not stalking, I'm spect-tuh-tuh-tating their every move in private w-without their knowl-l-ledge."

The two blinked.

"Okay f-fine, I'm stalking." I gave in with a sigh.

"Haha! Watson! We've cracked the case!" Richie mimicked, with an old-timey 40's man voice.

A brief silence came upon us as I continued eyeing Stan. He was smiling.

He was the one who asked him out, not Mike.

"I'm out," I said, running onto the street and towards the quarry.

"Bill are you okay?" Mike called out, but I refused to turn around.

"Billiam!" Richie screamed.

---

It was an hour or two later, I told mom that I was in the library with Eddie and I'd be home later.

I assumed it was finally time to hit the hay.

I began jogging across the bridge before I heard whimpering and a curly-haired boy hopping on one foot.

"St-Stanley?" I called out. He turned around before looking ahead again.

"Hey, St-Stan!" I repeated, starting to pick up my pace.

He doesn't reply, trying to hop away faster. I catch up to him and grab his hand, pulling him back.

"What?" He sighed, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you n-need help? Are you ok-kay? Should I r-r-r-run and call-"

"I'm alright, Bill." He interrupted before falling forward. "Shit." He mumbled.

"Get on my b-back," I said, crouching in front of him.

"Are you serious?" He scrunched his nose. I nodded, motioning him to hurry up and get on.

"Fine then." He gave in, slowly leaning on me. I gently picked him up.

"Y-you're like a load of bricks." I stammered.

"I'm so offended." He scoffed sarcastically.

"I'm surprised you didn't scream for your boyfriend to help," I added. He squirmed a bit before resting his head on my shoulder.

"He's not my boyfriend, and plus, our date didn't go as planned." A smile crept on my face, so did a suppressed snicker.

"Haha, very funny. I don't get a boyfriend and you get to rub that in my face."

My smile quickly dropped before I explained myself. "No, no, I muh-mean I'm happy-w-w-wait no. It sucks you guys didn't wo-work out b-but I get to hang out with you more." I rambled.

"I guess so, I like this side of you better. When you're not acting like a total dingbat."

"L-l-look. Bowers and al-lot of others threatened to o-out a secret of m-mine so I beat them up, okay? That's why w-we started h-hanging only at y-your house. If I'm seen with you they'll tell everyone."

"Well, thank you for telling me. I forgive you." He said, twirling my hair around his finger.

"So...how was your d-date?" I asked.

"Well..."

--- flashback to Stan's pov ---

"Hey, Mike." I waved, catching up to him who was just entering the diner.

Despite Mike and I having a lot in common something didn't feel right. "Wanna go to the movies? We can watch the shinings if you want." He asked after we ate.

"I can't really stand horror movies...how about something else?" I awkwardly asked.

"Oh...I love them. Uh, who framed Roger rabbit?"

"Okay, I'm not that chicken. How about Beetlejuice?"

"Oh, I'm not really into that one..." We awkwardly stood in silence.

"It's getting late, I think I gotta go." We both said.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Mike smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm strong," I replied, giving him a peck on the cheek. "I think we're better off as friends, Mikey."

"I agree, Stan. Bye." He waved.

"Bye."

--- flashback over ---

"Anyways...I told him I was interested in someone else. He said the same, so no feelings got hurt." He shrugged.

"Who d-do you like?" I quickly asked.

"Someone." He shrugged with a smirk.

---
I wOnDeR wHo sTaN lIkEs?!?!??! yOu'Re iN fOr A tOtAl sUrPrIsE

Vote if you enjoyed this chapter and maybe share it to other stenbrough fans???

Holy crap I hit 300 reads and I'm freaking out, thanks for everyone reading and commenting. Reading your comments light up my day especially 💕