4

Here's a long chapter~
---

"Mom, why is Dad m-m-mowing the lawn? I thought he sp-spuh-sprained his leg." I groaned, rubbing my eyes since it was eight a.m. on a Saturday morning.

"This kind boy offered to mow our lawn for five dollars. And he's your age! Maybe you should get a job." She replied, cooking herself scrambled eggs.

"I believe his name is something like Riley, Harley. Actually, I think it started with an S..."

"Stanley?" I finished, raising a brow. Is this who I think this is?

"Ah! Yes."

I peaked out the window to a curly-haired boy with headphones over his ears and his phone in his pocket.

"Do you know him?" Georgie asked, hopping off the couch onto my back.

"Y-yeah, he's a friend of mine. And my t-tutor." I answered, bending over to slide on my flip flops.

"So he's the boy you've been spending so much time with."

"Hey, S-Stan!" I called out to the kid looking down.

"Stanley!" Georgie shouted, waving his hands trying to get his attention. He squirmed, indicating for me to let go and he ran inside to grab his shoes.

I walked over to Stan, hugging him from behind.

"Fuck!" He gasped, stomping on my foot.

"Ow!" I yelped, grabbing my toe.

He quickly shut off the lawnmower and turned his attention to me. "Give me five minutes." He said before turning it back on.

After Stan finished he rolled the mower into my garage.

"Hey, have you...ever l-liked someone you just m-m-met?" I suddenly asked, causing him to whip his head with a startled look on his face.

"C-c-cause I think like Beverly, yeah. I know it was bad but I already suck at math and I thought if we hung out more than m-maybe I could get close with her too." I rambled.

"Oh, " He said with disappointment. Maybe he does like me...

"I didn't ask you t-to be my tutor to use you though! I just really need h-h-help in math." I clarified.

"The losers and I are going to the arcade if you wanna join?" He offered as I opened the door for him.

"I finished cutting your grass, Mrs. Denbrough." Stan politely said with a small smile on his face.

"Here you go," Mom handed him a bill before heading into the kitchen.

"S-Stan and I are going meet friends at the arcade, now," I explained, ruffling my little brother's hair.

He chewed on a kit kat bar, his eyes sparkling from a sugar rush.

"Nice to meet you Stanny!" Georgie beamed, sitting on one of the couch arms. 

"Same here," Stan said, walking out with me.

I rolled my eyes in response before I noticed the one and only Bowers gang.

"What the fuck is this? What happened to the big man Denbrough being cool?" Henry sneered, laughing and looking at his friends for recognition.

"I think Bill's a faggot now." Patrick cackled, throwing his head back.

"I'm no f-fag." I spat, pushing Pattrick back.

"Then prove it, stutter boy. Beat up the pussy." Henry demanded.

"We're done, Bowers." I declined, pulling Stanley away from them.

"I'm s-s-so sorry, Stan." I apologized, gripping his hand tighter.

"It's alright, Bill." He flashed a shaky smile, his voicing shaken and quivering with fear before I gave him a small hug.

It took him a minute to hug me back and his pale cheeks became flushed and rosy.

"Don't worry, he's all bark and no bite," I assured him.

"Thanks, uh we should be going that way though." He commented, pointing to the direction he came from.

"We'll take the l-l-l-long way." I shrugged, continuing to walk.

"There you are, Stanny you didn't me your boyfri-" Richie is suddenly shut up by Eddie who placed his hand over the tall boy's mouth.

"Are you trying to make the losers total exiles!" Eddie hissed, looking around if anyone heard Richie's previous shout.

"Yeah, yeah, gay people are bad. Blah, blah blah, fake shit, shit, shit." Richie mocked all his classmates.

"I didn't know you were coming, Bill." Bev smiled, giving a small wave.

"Stanley invited me, anyways trashmouth wanted me to officially meet this amazing 'Eds' of his," Bill replied.

"Richie stole my neighbours' ladder to break into my house to ask me to come along." Mike chuckled.

"Richie ding dong ditched me and hid behind my dumpster to scare me and throw a rotten banana peel in my hair before inviting me," Beverly said.

"Eddie just called me, like a normal person," Ben explained, causing everyone to laugh.

"I know I shouldn't say this, but I don't accept those people." Eddie shuddered, gaping at a lesbian couple that was obviously on a date even though they attempted to pretend it wasn't. "It's just, I hear so much bad stuff about them. I've never heard one good thing about a gay person."

"Excuse me?" Stanley gasped, motioning himself.

"Except you, Stan." Eddie rolled his eyes.

"You'll understand it soon enough, Eds." Richie snickered, hugging him tightly. 

"I think if you'd learn more about yourself you'd understand." Mike pondered, putting coins in the game slot.

"What does that mean? I know everything about myself. What does that have to do with gay people?" Eddie raised a brow, confused.

"Hey, Big Bill! Verse me in street fighter, will you?" Richie smiled, urging me to come over.

"Sure." After tragically losing to Richie and sat with Beverly who was munching on some fries.

"You seem pretty cool, Bill." She commented, sipping her coca-cola.

"Thanks, you are too." I sheepishly said, grabbing a fry.

I looked over, Stan was staring, refusing to break our staring contest.

"Stanley, have some fries with us!" I offered, calling him over.

He sharply inhales and with nervousness written all over his face, he popped next to me.

Man, he's cute, is it too early to say he's amazing?