5

"Do you think Stan the man is a top or bottom?" Bill choked on his coke, smacking his chest with his fist to stop himself from choking. Bev and Mike burst out into laughter, Ben tried to be nice and stifled his giggles and Eddie slammed his knees against the tables in shock before laughing too.

"What the fuck, Richie?" I gaped, jabbing the boy with spectacles.

"It's can't a question! Now give us the answer!" Richie urged.

"I think it'd depend on his partner." Bev pondered.

"What the fuck, Beverly!" I cursed, To think she wouldn't help answer Richie's question.

"Well I don't see you being topped by Eddie, do I? You'd probably only let Billy top you, maybe Rich." Bev added. I sheepishly scratched my neck as he nervously smiled and tugged on his collar.

"I don't want to imagine Stan doing that?" Eddie gagged, I shot a glance at Bill who was shyly staring at me.

"I im-magined Richie as the buh-buh-bottom with Stan." Bill pointed out, giving me a sly smile.

'Snake.' I mouthed with an agitated expression. He gave a small wink before throwing a wrapper into a garbage can.

"C'mon, Stanley. B-Boredma-mas won't fix itself." Bill groaned, standing up from his chair.

"Where you two headed?" Ben asked, flipping through the latest newspaper.

"On a date perhaps?" Bev teased before giving a quick apology.

"No, Bill just needs more help in Math. Hey, Bev, you're alright with Math. Wanna tag along?" I invited, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

Despite the bad feeling in my stomach, I nudged Bill slyly and he shot an indecipherable expression before smiling again. Was it sadness? Shock? I'm not sure what exactly it was but it wasn't a positive emotion.

"Sure, but actually I also need some tutoring. And since I'm your best friend I get a free pass for not paying right?"

I laughed with agreement. "Yeah, yeah."

"I'd tag along to piss you all off but Mikey and I are going to watch the latest Baywatch episode.

"Who knew Mike was also a perv?" Beverly giggled.

"They are hot." He shrugged in response, taking his backpack off the floor.

"It's boring, it's just almost naked people running in slo-mo." Eddie scowled, crossing his arms.

"That's not the whole plot!" Mike and Richie exclaimed in unison.

"Why don't you come along Eddie Spaghetti? I'm sure you'll learn what to like about the show." Richie offered, giving the small freckled boy a nuggie.

"And to see people running to cancer? No thanks. Sun equals to sunburns and summer pain."

"They're probably wearing sunblock. If it makes you feel better no cast changes have happened so that means everyone's healthy," Mike assured, gently setting his hand on the short boy's shoulder.

"Please Eds?" Richie begged, interlacing his hands together.

"No, I'm fine. You can watch your cancer show. I'm going home."

"To see your precious Mommy? No way." Richie scoffed picking him up over his shoulder.

"Excuse me!" Eddie gasped.

"Quit squirming, I can see your vagina." He requested in a frustrated tone.

"All I can see is your ass!" Eddie cried. "The blood is gonna rush to my head, put me down!"

"I got a nice view here." Richie joked, smacking his behind. "Bye!" He waved to us.

Mike gave a shrug before saying 'see ya'.

"I gotta go to baseball practice." Ben groaned, picking up his bag. "See you later."

"Bye, B-Benny." Bill smiled, as we parted ways.

Walking to my house was uncomfortable for me and me alone. I quietly stood to the side, third wheeling Bill and Beverly while spoke about their class together.

I only had zero classes with Bill. As much as I hoped we were in one together but never noticed him it was quite the opposite. Our classrooms are on opposite sides of the fucking school.

Great.

---

"Bill, I know I'm bad at this but there is no way the answer is four," Beverly said in disbelief.

"Negative fifteen." I gave a small chuckle, looking over his work.

"You multiply first," I explained.

"Its b-been a month! Why the f-fuck are we still doing Bedmas!" Bill cried out.

"Oh, I have to go home. How about you, Bill?"  Bev asked. "We can walk home together."

There was a small silence. "Sorry, I th-th-think I'm gonna s-stay behind for a bit," Bill replied, giving me a grin that made my heart melt.

"Alright, bye you too." She smiled, walking out the bedroom door.

Bill lay on my bed with his book covering his face and I sat on a black office chair in front of the bed. He held my pillow and must have felt the hard item hidden in the case because he took out a book. "Hold on, how come I never noticed this?" Bill laughed holding up a magazine filled with attractive men in bathing suits. 

"Woah, th-this is photo specifically is kinda k-kinky." He said, showing the image. My face went hot as I jumped out of my seat to retrieve the embarrassing item. 

"Bill!" I nervously shouted, jumping on top of him before he sat up to raise the book out of my reach. "Give that back!" I pleaded, trying to climb him before we both tumbled and landed on the wooden floor. 

We burst into laughter, after doing so the tallboy implored on and on and eventually convinced me to let him look through the magazine.

"Hey...I gotta know." I cleared my throat awkwardly, ending the brief silence that was earlier filled with snickers and gasps from Bill. "Recently, we've been hanging out in private places. Like you don't want people to know we hang out after school. You used to go to my locker all the time too after school but that also changed. Maybe it's just a coincidence but-"

"Yeah, it's all a coincidence." He interrupted, timidly launching over in discomfort. 

"You're not good at lying." I raised a brow. 

"I t-t-t-t-told you it's a coincidence, now fuck off!" He raised his voice, throwing the book at me. His face go white fleetingly with acknowledgement of what he had done. "F--Fuck, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Get out," I ordered. 

"You can't be seri-"

"Get out!" I repeated sharply. He groaned shoving his thinks in his backpack. "Please, you kn-know I didn't-"

"I said leave," I growled, shoving him out my bedroom, pushing him to walk faster. I watched him from the top of the staircase. He gave me a sad look, turning back. 

He whipped his head back around, slipped his shoes on and I ran down the stairs to slam the door before he could make another remark he's regret.

Dear Bill. 

Fuck you.

---

I'm back Stenbrough fans! Just know I have a habit of incorporating brief Reddie scenes. I'm feeling a lot better now so I decided to write a longer chapter (Again).