The Thread of Love

3 years later

Tall buildings and city lights that brighten up the dark sky as Mean watch the beautiful right up his office window. After taking over the company a year ago, Mean finally had an office by himself. He took a sip of his whiskey as he observes the view.

The captivating view he have is so nostalgic. The feeling he got from looking at the view is the same as whenever he look at the picture of him and his beloved Plan.

It's been 3 years since the last time he saw Plan. Since then he did not receive any news from him or from anyone. Despite all that, he never stopped looking for him and until now, he's still hoping to find him no matter what.

"Still thinking about him?"

Mean stopped his musings when he heard his friend Saint speaks. He did not even realize that the guy entered the room. He turned to him and nodded. "I thought you went home already" He said, offering to Saint the whiskey he had opened on his table.

Saint shrugged. "I still have to finish some works, how about you?" He asked. "You're still not done?"

Mean leaned on his seat and turned back to the nice view behind him. "No, I'm finished already. I'm just... reminiscing some memories." He said.

Saint sighed. "It's been three years, Mean, Haven't you moved on?"

Mean looked at his friend intently. "Saint, have you ever fallen in love with some one that you felt like you can't live without them?" He asked. "Have ever felt like everything seems right whenever that someone so much as smile at you?" Then he glanced at the picture of Plan on his table and smiled weakly. "For me, it's P'Plan. He is the one who made me feel happy. He gave meaning to my life. He completes me and now that he's gone, I don't think I will ever move on."

Saint was speechless. He knew Mean since they were young, he's been a player. He doesn't settle for just anyone but to see him like this with Plan, he doesn't know how to comfort him. He just hope everything turn out for the best.

--------------------

"I'm really sorry P'Mean, we haven't gotten a call from P'Plan since the last time he called." Ley said as he answered another call from Mean later that day. "The last time he called he just said, he is doing fine and that we shouldn't worry." She said.

'...I see. He didn't really mention anything about visiting or where he is right now?' Mean asked.

Ley sighed. "I'm really sorry. He did not tell us anything. We did not even pry because we know that P'Plan won't tell us anything." Then Ley bit her lower lip. "P'Mean, don't you think... don't you think its time for you to give up?"

There was silence on the other line. Ley fidgeted on the spot as Mean's silence unnerved her. But after a while Mean said goodbye ad dropped the call. Ley sighed exasperatedly. "This is such a mess."

"What is?"

Ley turned to see her sister Prim and frowned. "P'Prim, why did everything turn out like this?"

Prim shrugged his shoulders weakly. "I don't either. But I'm not really sure why Plan decided to leave everyting, his everything behind, but all I know is everything that is happening, it all has a reason." Then he pats her sister on the back softly. "Let's just go and wait to see what will happen."

Ley nodded.

----------------

Mean slumped in his seat right after his call with Ley. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth in a suppressed anger.

He felt like everyone is ganging up on him and they wanted him to forget his beloved Plan. How? Plan is his happiness; he can't even breathe properly without his Plan. How can he even think that he will stop looking for the main reason of his existence?