Who Invented Dragon Racing?

A/N: This was one of my favorite short movies of the hatted franchise and one of my favorite stories to write. Hope you guys like it!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 1:

It's been three years since the war with the Berserkers ended and Berk continued to live in peace. With no more threats of invasions, life on Berk has gotten a little dull. Fortunately the Dragon Riders have a way to fix that.

"Pull!" A voice shouted as a sheep flew into the air. It was then caught by an eighteen year old boy riding on his Night Fury; Hiccup Haddock and Toothless.

"Whoo-hoo! Nice! That's how we do it, bud!" Hiccup praised his dragon, holding the then another sheep flew higher than the two boys. "Whoa!"

That sheep was soon stopped by a Monstrous Nightmares' tail and directed back into its' riders arms. "Snotlout wins!" The dark haired eighteen year old boy declared before Hookfang flew them back to the Academy.

Hiccup and Toothless did the same and were the first to land.

"One out of two ain't bad, and for what it's worth, I always knew red was your color." Astrid Hofferson said, referring to the face paint Hiccup and Toothless were wearing. In fact all the dragon riders and dragons had on face paint of different colors and the dragons even had their wings painted to match their riders.

"Aww, Astrid, thank you." Hiccup said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"I was talking to Toothless." Astrid joked.

"Oooohh." Raeda teased.

"Do you need me to treat that burn, bro?" Hiccup's twin sister Hicca teased.

"Hey, what do you guys think of my face paint?" Tuffnut asked showing them his face which was completely covered in yellow and black paint and was not looking that appealing.

The teens jumped back, not expecting to see that much paint

"What, too subtle?" Tuffnut questioned.

"Yeah, just a bit." Fishlegs said sarcastically.

"Yeah? Well at least I didn't paint my face to look like a target. A not-subtle target." Tuffnut countered.

"I'll have you know that this is the official Ingerman family crest." Fishlegs defended, gesturing to his face-paint which was two semi-circle one orange and one green running between his cheeks across his chin and one vertical line on the centre of his forehead.

"Wow, two circles and a line. How creative." Tuffnut taunted, causing both him and his twin Ruffnut to laugh. Fishlegs glared at the Thorston twins.

Snotlout and Hookfang then joined the Academy after doing a victory lap. The Jorgenson practically slam-dunked the sheep into a basket (poor sheep) as he jumped to the ground. "Snotlout! Ah ha ha! I told you my Sheep Launcher would work." He said, gesturing to the large device with a just as large crossbow.

"Yeah, it only took thirty-two tries to get it right." Astrid reminded him

[Flashback]

In the first attempt the Sheep Launcher was stood up straight as Snotlout put the sheep in place and pulled the lever, sending the sheep flying up....only for it to come straight down on the boy landing on his back. "Bull's-eye." Snotlout wheezed out after face-planting to the ground.

The next time He tried, Snotlout made sure to keep the Launcher at an angle, which made the sheep crash into various places around Berk, much to the annoyance of the villagers.

"That sheep is a maniac!" Hiccup commented as he and Astrid were in the air on Toothless and Stormfly, watching as the sheep crashed into a barrel of apples.

"Thirty!" Snotlout called out, launching the sheep, which somehow ended up getting its' head stuck on one of the doors of the houses.

"That sheep is invincible!" Astrid said, when she saw that the sheep was still intact after that crash.

"Seventy-four!" Snotlout shouted (A/N: Didn't Astrid say thirty three?). This time the sheep crashed onto the roof of another house and miraculously jumped down unharmed.

"That sheep is insane!" Hiccup said, amazed that the sheep was still unscathed. Maybe this was why Meatlug loved using these animals to play her tossing game with Fishlegs.

"Ninety-three!" Snotlout yelled launching the sheep one more time.

And it was the worst test-run out of all the attempts because the sheep happened to landed on a sculpture that Raeda had just finished and was admiring.

She gasped with her eyes widened as she watched the sheep smashed her latest masterpiece. Her expression then changed to fury.

"SNOTLOUT!" She yelled, marching to the Academy.

That was Snotlouts' final test-run for the Sheep Launcher

[End Flashback]

"Well, you know what they say. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few legs." Tuffnut commented, putting another sheep into the Launcher.

"Uh, that's actually not the saying." Hiccup corrected.

"Although there were legs broken." Raeda muttered, crossing her arms.

"It's actually 'eggs' not 'legs'." Hicca informed the Thorston twins.

"Really?" Ruffnut asked in surprised. "Then we need to send out some apologies." She then rushed out.

"Yeah, we better start with Mom." Tuffnut agreed, following his twin.

"Clearly, my Sheep Launcher is ready for today's Dragon Race." Snotlout declared.

"Wait, wait, wait. Who says you get to decide?" Astrid questioned.

"I do. Snotlout invented the sport." Snotlout said, pointing to himself with his chest puffed out.

Hiccup chuckled at that. "What? You invented Dragon Racing?"

"Now why do I find that hard to believe?" Raeda asked rhetorically, putting her hands on her hips.

"Duh! Dragon Racing, my idea." Snotlout said as if it was so obvious.

Astrid scoffed at that. "I think one of those flying sheep hit you in the head."

"Either that or Raeda bashed your head really hard." Hicca said.

"While those two things may be true, it doesn't change the fact that I came up with Dragon Racing." Snotlout said stubbornly

"That's really not how I remember it." Hiccup said.

"Oh, so now you're all about remembering things!" Snotlout exclaimed, using in quotes in Hiccups' face.

"...I don't even know how to answer that." The Haddock boy said, directed at the others.

"Me neither." His twin said.

"I do. Let's think back, shall we?" Astrid piped int. "It was a few days before the big annual Regatta-"

"Uh, I know that." Snotlout interrupted

"Just listen!" Astrid demanded.

"Okay. Okay." Snotlout said, putting his hands up. "Ugh, someone didn't get her beauty sleep." He whispered to Hiccup. Unfortunately for him, the blonde girl heard that and the Jorgenson boy quickly ducked to avoid a Nadder spine shot at him. (Guess which Nadder it came from) "I'm all ears."

Satisfied, Astrid continued "As I was saying, we were getting ready for the big Regatta..."