New Acting Chief and Second-in-command

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon.

Chapter 3: The New Acting Chief and Second-in-command

The teens wasted no time looking for the black sheep. Ruffnut and Tuffnut decided to look for the sheep on foot. "Dark wool, dead ahead." Tuffnut said, spotting a dark animal run by. "Get it, get it, get it!" He and Ruffnut managed to corner it, only to find that it actually was a baby yak. The yak then rammed into the blonde twins shoving them both aside as it ran away.

"Stupid baby yak!" Tuffnut grumbled, rubbing his head in pain.

Hiccup and Toothless were the ones who spotted the black sheep. "Come on, bud, come on, bud. You got 'em." Hiccup said as his dragon dove down for the sheep.

Snotlout and Hookfang, who also spotted the black sheep, also dove down for it. "Don't let him get in your head!" The Jorgenson boy shouted.

It was a tight race, with Toothless getting closer to the sheep than Hookfang, when Gobber suddenly ran up in front of the sheep, trying to wave down Hiccup.

"Gobber, LOOK OUT!" Hiccup warned, but it was too late as Toothless rammed into the blacksmith/ dragon dentist, picking him from the ground.

"Should have seen that one coming." Gobber grunted, hanging onto to Toothless' head, blocking his view. Because of this, the male Night Fury accidently knocked off one of the flags that was set-up, causing it to crash into a Vikings' wheelbarrow and then crash-landed onto the ground.

"This is outrageous!" The Viking exclaimed, throwing his helmet to the ground.

"Winning! Aw, Hiccup, I'll see you later! Ha, ha, ha!" Snotlout yelled in triumph as he and Hookfang took the sheep back to Silent Svens' farm.

"Thank you so much, Gobber." Hiccup sighed, getting up. "What was so important?"

"Now let me think." Gobber said, trying to recall.

"Hiccup, get over here!" Stoick called from the steps of the Great Hall. Hicca and Midnight were with him as well.

"Ah, that's it. Chief wants to see you, says it's important." Gobber informed the boy.

"Great." Hiccup said sarcastically.

"Don't mention it." Gobber replied in a cheerful voice, giving Hiccup a pat on the shoulder before walking away.

The chief took his kids and their dragons with him to the docks as he explained the situation. "Hiccup, Hicca, I'm leaving town for a couple days on official business." He then spoke in a low voice. "I've managed to locate wood on Loki Island, that's lighter and stronger than anything we've ever seen. We're building our ship out of it." He then went back to his normal tone. "Hiccup I'm leaving you in charge. You'll be acting chief while i'm gone. Hicca, I want you to be there for them as his second-in-command. You're sole focus is-"

"Oh, let me guess, the Regatta!" Hiccup deadpanned, before he and Hicca joined their dragons to the upper level of the docks.

"Yay, for us." Hicca said in a dull tone.

"Well, don't look so excited." Stoick said to his children.

"Oh, we're excited. Oh, you know we love setting up stands and putting up banners, and getting everyone fired up to watch boats sail slooooowly across the harbor." Hiccup said with mock enthusiasm.

"Honestly dad, the only fun part in this Regatta for us is making the flags and banners with Raeda beforehand." Hicca said honestly.

"Hicca, Hiccup, we Vikings have always had something to fight about. Be it dragons, or Dagur, or Alvin. If we're not fighting something, we're fighting each other." Their father explained. Nearby two viking men started fighting with each other, using nothing but sturgeons as their weapons.