Teams

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 4: Teams

The next morning, Hiccup woke up to cheers coming from outside his home. Curious, he walked outside followed by Toothless, only to find that the other teens have started a dragon race and all the villagers were watching and cheering from below!

"Snotlout! Oi! Oi! Oi!" Snotlout chanted, after grabbing another sheep.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding." Hiccup muttered.

"Yeah!" Tuffnut cheered as he and his twin grabbed a sheep at the same time Astrid did.

But the Hofferson girl was able to snatch it right out of his hands. "Thank you very much!"

"Hey, half that sheep is mine!" Tuffnut complained.

"Yeah, and half of that half is mine!" Ruffnut added.

"Sorry!" Astrid said insincerely.

"Come on, Sparkfire. Two sheeps dead ahead!" Raeda exclaimed.

The purple Nadder quickly shot a series of spines around the two sheeps, creating a pen. Sparkfire was about to swoop in a snatch the sheeps when Midnight beat her to it!

"Hey!" Raeda called out.

"Thanks so much Rae. I appreciate it." Hicca exclaimed to her best human friend.

"Oh, really, Astrid, Raeda and my own twin? Where's the love for the Acting Chief?!" Hiccup wondered as he got on Toothless and flew up, intent on stopping the race.

Eventually he managed to gather all the dragon riders and call of the race. Unfortunately, that announcement was not well-received by the rest of the villagers who started to protest. This led to Hiccup calling everyone to go to the Great Hall to discuss the matter.

"Thanks for being on my side in the matter you two." Hiccup said to Hicca and Raeda, the two girls who would back him up no matter what, as they made their way to the Great Hall.

"We're sorry, Hiccup. But remember I did promise that we would focus on Regatta preparations in the afternoon. We were just going to play one quick game before we start the preparations." Raeda explained.

"I was curious about the game, bro. And it's a lot of fun! Seriously, you need to play, you'll love it! It could be like an opening act for the Regatta. Better yet, it could replace the Regatta altogether." Hicca suggested.

"Yeah, we're also working on some banners and flags for the dragon race." Raeda agreed.

"No, sorry girls. I promise dad my sole focus would be on the Regatta and it will go to the Regatta. We can put the dragon races some other time but not now." Hiccup said firmly as he, the two girls and the other dragon riders took their seats at a long table in front of the viking crowd, who started chanting "Dragon Race" over and over.

"Come on, everyone, just take a seat!" Hiccup pleaded, trying to get his voice above the villagers shouting. When that wasn't working, he turned to Toothless. "Can you help me, bud?" Toothless fired a plasma blast above the crowd which flew out the parted doors of the Great Hall. That brought silence to the villagers. "Okay, I know you had a lot of fun today with the Dragon Academy doing exactly what they promised they would not do-" With that, Hiccup gave a stern look to the rest of his friends

"I didn't make any promises. Did you?" Tuffnut chimed in, asking his twin.

"Not a one." Ruffnut answered happily.

"They have a point bro, only Astrid and Raeda only back us up. none of them technically agreed to it." Hicca pointed out.

"Not helping." Hiccup then continued. "Alright, I know you all want to blow off steam but hey what could be better than a spirited Regatta. Ha, ha, ha." The attempt to rally the crowd for the Regatta earned several unimpressed looks.