Epilogue

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 9: Epilogue

"Come on Midnight! We can make it!" Hicca exclaimed over the crowds cheer as the female Night Fury races through the track, with her rider holding the black sheep. Behind them were Hiccup, Astrid, Raeda and Fishlegs on their dragons trying to stop the two in front before they reach their basket.

A little way behind in a section of the audience stand were Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut with their dragons, who were still a little dazed from the crash-landing.

"I can't believe you two muttonheads actually tried to pull that stunt! How was that suppose to work?!" Snotlout demanded.

"Hey! I would've worked had you two been positioned right!" Ruffnut retorted, pointing to Snotlout and Hookfang.

As those three continued to argue, clearly out of the running to win, Hicca and Midnight were nearing the finish line.

"Almost there!" Hicca said, readying herself to drop the sheep in the basket just as they fly by.

Midnight was as determined to win as her rider was when suddenly something in the peripheral of her eyes caught her attention to cause her to suddenly swerve down.

"Wha- Midnight-" But before Hicca could question her dragon, she and the others saw the reason as it, or more correctly they, nearly collided with the other four dragons who were behind the female Night Fury, and crashed to the grounds of Berk.

Fishlegs eyes lit up in excitement "New dragons!" He announced excitedly as he made Meatlug land, forgetting the Dragon Race.

Hicca squinted her eyes as she noticed something else. "Is that a person riding one of the dragons?"

The crowd left the stands and gathered around the group of dragons and the rest of the dragon riders landed along with their dragons.

Four of the five new dragons started growling at the sight of the crowd and had their eyes in a slits. They formed a protective circle around the last dragon and the human who was riding it and continued to growl at the others, daring them to come forward.

"Whoa! Easy there! We're not going to hurt you." Hiccup reassured the new dragons, slowly approaching them.

"No need to get snappy with us. You're the ones who crashed on our turf." Snotlout said to the rogue dragons.

"Trust me, that was unintentional." The stranger said, scanning the crowd as if to size them up. It was hard for the Berkians to see what he was like because he was wearing a leather helmet that covered his face.

Stoick then stepped forward. "My name is Stoick the Vast, the chief of Berk. Who are you?"

"And what kind of dragons are those?" Fishlegs couldn't help but ask.

The stranger took of his helmet, revealing a rather young face, about the same age as the Dragon Riders, with chestnut brown hair with a side bang parted to the right and light brown eyes.

"My name is Henry."

To Be Continued...

A/N: Yes I'm ending the story here and that's because this story, like I said, all about dragon racing and its origins. I am working on an original story that will pick off where this story has left, I just need to fix a few things in there.