Sheep-catching Competition

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How To Train Your Dragon

Chapter 2: Sheep-catching Competition

The annual Regatta was approaching and the Berkians kept themselves busy with the preparations. But the preparations were interrupted when suddenly a herd of sheep started flooding the village, knocking over wheelbarrows, preparation supplies and even a viking on a ladder.

"This is outrageous!" The fallen Viking yelled.

Hiccup, Toothless, Hicca and Midnight walked out of the Great Hall to see the sheeps running around with vikings chasing after them. "Ah, yes. Just another day in Berk." Hiccup said to his twin and the two dragons.

"Looks like we got our agenda for the day." Hicca said.

The group went to the ledge of the stairs leading to the Great Hall, where they joined Raeda and Sparkfire, the former was sitting with one of the sheep's in her lap.

"Hey, Rae." Hicca said as she sat with her best friend, who greeted her back.

The group watched as Gobber cornered another sheep in the plaza

"Uh, Gobber. So, what is going on here?" Hiccup called out, getting his mentors' attention.

"Just a little bit of rogue wool." The blonde man explained. "Nothing old Gobber can't handle."

"Where did all these sheep come from?" Hicca asked.

"That would be Not-So-Silent Sven. Apparently the herd took a vote and they aren't too thrilled with the sound of his new voice." Gobber said.

As if on cue, the mentioned farmer gave a loud scream causing the teens and dragons to cringe. "AAAHHH! You ungrateful sack of fur! Come back!" He yelled, chasing after a sheep.

"Yeah, I get that." Hiccup said.

"Poor sheeps." Raeda said, cooing at the sheep still in her lap.

Gobber then turned his attention back to the sheep. "Eh. Okay little lady, I may be big, but I'm fast on my feet!" He swoop in to snatch up the sheep, only for the woolen animal to slip through his grasp and a run. Gobber chased after him and ended up smashing his head into the wall of a nearby house, allowing the sheep to escape.

Sheep: 1, Gobber: 0. Next round Gobber vs House

Stoick then walked up holding two sheeps. He stopped and saw his friend struggling to get his head free from the wall. The Berkian chief sighed in annoyance.

"Uh, Dad? Shouldn't you be getting ready for the big boat race?" Hiccup questioned

"Yes, the Regatta, and this is the last thing I need." Stoick said, dropping the two sheeps to the ground. "Why don't you guys gather up the Dragon Riders and get these sheep back in their pens now!"

Sven then gave out another scream causing them all to wince.

"If I have to hear that sound one more time, I'm going to put Gobber's hook through my own head!"

"Done it! Wouldn't advise it." Gobber piped in, having finally managed to get his head free.

"We'll get this under control, Dad. Nothing to worry about." Hiccup reassured.

"You focus on the Regatta. These sheeps will be back in their pens before you know it." Hicca added.

"Alright gang, you know the drill!" Hiccup called to the others.

The dragons split up and searched for the stray sheeps.

Fishlegs and Meatlug found one and dove straight for it. "Come on, girl. You got it!" Fishlegs encouraged. As Meatlug flew closer, a series of spines suddenly flew at the sheep, pinning it to a nearby tree. "Whoa! Hey!"