Re-match

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from 'How to Train Your Dragon'

Chapter 6: Re-match

With one rider and dragon down, the race came to an end with a three-way tie as all the sheeps were brought back to their pen and Astrid and Sparkfire got treated by Gothi, with the former ending up with her arm in a sling and the latter with her wing in a sling.

However the villagers weren't ready for the dragon race to end. Everyone gathered in the Great Hall again with the crowd pleading for another race.

"No, no, no guys the deal was one dragon race, and then back to the Regatta." Hiccup said, shushing the crowd and trying to get them in the spirit of the Regatta again. But that failed as several vikings voiced their distaste for the Regatta.

Surprisingly, Snotlout was the one who decided to step in. "Okay, everyone, okay, okay. Hiccup is right."

That threw everyone off. "What?" Hiccup questioned, wondering if he heard correct.

"Let's all start getting ready for the awesome boat race. I mean, it's not like he or his sister could beat team Snotnuts anyway." Snotlout taunted.

"Come on, Hiccup." Astrid said.

"You're going to let him get away with that." Raeda questioned.

"Astrid, there's no way you can race like that." Hiccup stated, gesturing to Astrids' sling before turning to Raeda. "And Rae, you can't compete without Sparkfire."

"Sorry, folks, we can't have a rematch anyway." Snotlout announced. "Both of them are without a team-mate."

"Oh yeah? Then how about we change the teams a bit." Hicca challenged. "Me and my brother vs Team Snotnuts."

"I don't know. Why don't you ask your twin? He seems more committed in the boat race." Snotlout said.

"I'm in!" Hiccup said with determination. He just could not let his cousin get the best of him or his sister. "It's decided, in one hour we will have our dragon race!" He announced, gaining cheers from the crowd.

An hour gave the dragons plenty of time to rest after all that flying. Raeda also took advantage of that time to make some more decorations for the Dragon Race.

Hiccup and Hicca were just finishing discussing their strategy when a voice called to them. "Hey, Hicca! Hiccup!" The auburn twins looked up and saw Fishlegs and Meatlug land near them and their dragons. "So guys, is there any chance that the dragon race you were talking about is still happening."

"It is, but I thought you were busy with Regatta preparations." Hiccup said.

"Oh that? Well Meatlug and I had a change of heart and decided that dragon racing is where we belong." Fishlegs said quickly, looking a little nervous.

"Really? What happened to carrying the Ingerman family traditions?" Hicca questioned.

"Oh... well...you know...uh- it was just that..." One look from Hiccup and Hicca with their eyes raised was enough for Fishlegs to cave in. "Alright, fine! As I recently discovered, Meatlug and boats don't mix well together. She got sea-sick and accidently spewed lava, accidently sinking the boat. But it wasn't her fault! She just had a big lunch before we went for practice. It could happen to anyone!"

"Well you came to us at the right time Fishlegs. Welcome to our team." Hicca said.

"Come on, we'll explain the rules on the way." Hiccup said as he and his sister got on their dragons.

They made it back to the Academy were the other team was ready along with the audience.

"Hope you guys don't mind we have an extra team-mate." Hicca informed the other team.

"Their new teammate is Fishlegs? Ha!" Snotlout snickered.

"He's so slow, that we won't even have to use your super secret plan." Tuffnut said to his sister.

"Exactly." Ruffnut agreed.

"What was the plan again?" Tuffnut then asked his twin, who then looked just as confused as he did.

Mulch stood in front of the contestants. "Racers, ready and-"

"HICCUP! HICCA!" An unfortunately familiar voice boomed through the Academy, making the audience gasp.

Stoick the Vast walked into the Academy, clearly not looking happy. Hiccup and Hicca then got off their dragons and went to their dad. "Dad, wel-welcome back. Early. I can explain." Hiccup said quickly.

"We can?" Hicca whispered to her twin.

"I hope so, because these don't look like Regatta decorations to me." Stoick said.

"Look, dad, I was the one-" Hicca started to say before her brother interrupted her.

"So, Dad, you know being Acting Chief means that sometimes I have to make hard choices for the good of the people."

"Uh huh." His said, waiting for the rest of the explanation.

"So I had to make one of said really hard choices and I chose to..." He closed his eyes before saying the last sentence fast. "...replace the Regatta with Dragon Racing!"

"Oh, really? And you did this by yourself?" Stoick questioned.

Hiccup and his twin looked back at Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Fishlegs who stayed where they were and looked away. "Huh, yep. Yep, just me."

"No, not just him. I fully supported his decision. Which, as second-in-command, I should be doing." Hicca spoke up.

"Yeah and I am responsible for removing all Regatta decorations in favour of the Dragon Race decorations." Raeda said, coming from behind the chief.

"I see." Stoick said, turning to his son. "So with the help of these two, you contradicted my orders?"

"Yep, yep, again that would be yes, again." Hiccup said as Hicca and Raeda nodded.

"Well, well, well. I suppose there is only one thing left for me to do." Stoick said.

"Oh, Thor..." Hiccup muttered, bracing himself for whatever punishment his dad will give.

"Run the Dragon Race!" The Berkian chief announced.

"Wait, what?" Hiccup questioned.

"Really?" Hicca asked, getting excited.

"You heard me. But if we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it right. Now get everyone together. I have some ideas." Stoick said.