The Winners and the Inventor

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 9: The Winners And The Inventor

"The winner is Team Snotnuts!" Stoick announced to the spectators in the Academy. The crowd cheered for the winning team as they basked in the glory with the black sheep on a barrel near them.

"You know he is definitely going to rub it in our faces, just like in Thawfest." Hicca said to her brother, as they approached the winning team.

"Definitely. But what can we do? They won." Hiccup pointed out. He then got Snotlouts' attention. "Well, Snotnuts, congratulations."

"Looks like you're the winners of the first annual Dragon Race. Congratulations." Hicca said.

"Hey, good game." Snotlout said, holding a hand for Hiccup to shake, only to retract it. "In your one-legged dreams! Ha, ha, ha!"

"Seriously?" Hicca asked in annoyance.

"Oh, the leg thing. That's appropriate." Hiccup said, equally annoyed.

"I've got three words for you two un-de-feated!" The Jorgenson boy exclaimed.

"Boy, do we enjoy your company." Hiccup said sarcastically.

Fishlegs and Meatlug then came to the Academy. "Not so fast, Snotlout." The Ingerman boy said, and to everyones' shock, holding another black sheep!

Confused, people looked back and forth between the two supposed black, wondering what was going on. Sven was the only one on Berk to have a black sheep.

"What's going on here? Sven?!" Stoick questioned.

"Oh, there's only one black sheep, Stoick." The farmer stated.

"And, it's ours." Snotlout claimed.

"Yes, that's right, you're the real Black Sheep aren't you. Little sheepy, little sheepy-weepy." Tuffnut cooed to his teams' black sheep, nuzzling the sheeps fur. But in doing so smeared black paint on the boys' face, revealing that their sheep is actually a white sheep painted in black. The audience started booing at the foul-play.

"How could you?! I am ashamed. I am so sorry, everyone!" Snotlout said to the crowd.

"This was supposed to be quick dry paint, right?" Tuffnut questioned.

"We have a reversal folks!" Astrid announced.

"With the real Black Sheep, the winner is... TEAM HICCLEGS!" Raeda declared.

The crowd then cheered for the real winning team, who waved back at them. Toothless, Midnight and Meatlug fired in the air as in celebration, creating fireworks.

"You both are officially relieved as Acting Chief and second-in-command." Stoick said, walking up to his children.

"Oh, thank Thor." Hiccup said, breathing a sigh of relief. "Dad, it's all yours. Guys, let's get out of here before he changes his mind." He said to his sister and their dragons as he got on Toothless.

"Sure thing." Hicca chuckled, getting on Midnight.

And they flew off for a relaxing flight around Berk.

[End Flashback]

"Huh, I guess technically it was Tuffnut who invented this sport, which is disturbing." Hiccup stated.

"Yeah, technically it was." Tuffnut agreed as he listened from the roof of a nearby house where he and his twin were trying to pull out a sheep, which got launch there during the flashback.

"That's, um, embarrassing." Astrid admitted. "Well, at least you and Hicca came up with most of the rules."

"Well, this is depressing." Snotlout said, downcast as he sat near his sheep-launcher.

"Look, we all played a part in it." Hiccup consoled his cousin.

"Really? What did I do?" Snotlout questioned.

"The cheating, that was all you." Hicca chimed in.

Her brother brightened up at that. "Yeah, yeah, I did cheat! No one can take that away from me!"

"Actually, he had no idea what we were doing." Tuffnut interjected.

"Yeah, he wasn't even in on the super-secret plan." Ruffnut agreed.

"Stop your yammering! Put your back into it, woman." Tuffnut demanded to his sister.

"How about we all invented Dragon Racing. Can we say that?" Hiccup called to Tuffnut, trying to lift up his cousins' spirit.

"Oh, sure. But it wouldn't be accurate, because Snotlout did nothing." Tuffnut stated. "No thing. Zippo. Goose egg. Yeah, I said it. It was like he wasn't-" He didn't get to finish that sentence because he suddenly fell off the roof when he was hit by another sheep. Ruffnut laughed at that.

"I did however invent this." Snotlout said with triumph, taking his hand off the lever of his sheep launcher. "Ha ha. Snotlout!"

Just then the teens and dragons heard a loud horn from a distance, signalling the beginning of the Dragon Race.

Toothless nudged his human excitedly. "That's right, bud. Race time!"

The Dragon Riders got on their dragons and flew off to the starting line.

"Let's go!" Raeda yelled.

"Hey, Target-face, this way!" Tuffnut jeered.

"Ingerman family crest!" Fishlegs protested.

"Woo-hoo!" Astrid cheered.

"I may not have invented this game, but I'm gonna win it!" Snotlout exclaimed.

"Don't be so sure, Snotlout! I'm feeling lucky today!" Hicca said.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Hiccup countered. "Toothless, let's take 'em down. Let's go, bud!"