Chapter 5: Good Night

Hanji's POV

"Oi... wake up..." I murmured softly, not wanting to move a single inch. "Hanji, wake up, we're gonna be late for the reservation tonight." Now food, food woke me up like nothing. My eyes opened a bit, and I saw that smirk on his face. "There, that's my Hanji..."

"Levi..."

"Get dressed. At least change your outfit for a bit. What about that black skirt and your white blouse? You would look so cute in that..."

I nodded my head, groaning softly. "W-Well... I-I have something to say-"

"Tell me in the restaurant, okay Hanji? Something came up really quickly. I'll meet you there, now that I promise. I didn't break my promise with you, did I?" I shook my head. "I'll see you there then." Levi kissed my forehead and held my hand gently. "This shouldn't take too long..."

"Okay..." Hastily, he walked out of the hotel room, and I bit my bottom lip in anger. Maybe dinner... that's the better time to tell him. I sighed heavily, dressing into the clothes that Levi suggested. "It'll go fine- it'll go nicely."

*   *   *

Levi was true to his word- every single time. I would almost always doubt that I was just a side-chick to him. But I see him there, loyal to me. How he smiled towards me, chuckling softly and walking towards me. 

"Now... you look cute..."

A warm blush fell upon my cheeks; smiling gently towards his warm aura. "T-Thanks... just following your advice."

He sits in front of me, adjusting his cravat. "It's cute... and sorry it took so long... last minute things... but I had to be there for you. I kept my promise with you... and I had to go back to the meeting. But, it's all good for now. I promise."

"A lot of surprises, huh...?"

He nods softly, calling down a waitress, and ordering some drinks. My mind was so clouded that I didn't hear what he said. He just turned to me and nodded her head, "And speaking of that... we never got to that surprise you had for me. Is it for bed or something?"

"W-What? N-No..." 

"Well what then?" The drinks suddenly arrived and Levi took his in his hand, taking a sip. He pushes mine towards me, and I picked it up. The icy feeling spread through my fingers, and the smell hit me. I smelled the alcohol. I nearly gagged on it, and I put it down immediately on the coaster. "Hanji..."

"I-I don't think I can drink that."

"You had no problems drinking alcohol before, Hanji."

I sighed heavily, looking down at my stomach. "The surprise is... I'm pregnant... I found out a few days ago... and didn't know how to tell you, Levi... I'm sorry-"

"You shouldn't be sorry, Hanji." On his face, there was this sense of joy. "Now this... this is the feeling I want to feel when someone I love tells me that we're gonna be parents..." I looked down in embarrassment, but Levi rose my chin up and kissed me. "Hanji... what do you need?"

"N-Need...?"

"I am the father of the baby, am I not? I want to do anything for you and the baby. I know, I know, but I have to. Technically, it's my heir to my lineage. You're a part of it... you deserve the best. The baby deserves the best."

So many people would use this to their advantage, but I hate being that person. I hate manipulators. I hate the fact that some people would even consider me like this. I just smiled gently and sighed heavily. "Right now, I just need to know you won't leave me with the baby."

"Like hell I am. I'm just glad to have my baby with you..."

*   *   *

As night fell below the ocean, it was an interesting night. Levi cared for me all night long. Pulled me in close when I felt warm. Pulled me tight when he feared I would be gone. Occasionally, he would whisper softly into my ears that made my heart skip a beat. His soft lips were steady on my cheeks. His stern hands were ever-so gentle on my stomach. I could hear his mind, saying that he was grateful for our unborn baby together. He was my prince... my love... and I couldn't wait to see what the future held for me and our baby. Our life... 

"Goodnight, my love..." He says deeply, nuzzling his cold nose into my neck. How he groaned in satisfaction... "May tomorrow be a better day..."