kinda crazy

CHAPTER FOUR

„I decided as long as I'm going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly

„I decided as long as I'm going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."
- Stephenie Meyer | from „Twilight"

•••

"Baker, come on! That's my decision. It's not my fault it didn't work out for you."
Frustrated, Lara stood in front of Jessica Davis' house and snapped after Hannah.
A few minutes ago the Baker girl had found out that Lara was sleeping with Montgomery.

She didn't know if Hannah was jealous because it hadn't worked out with Justin or Zach or because Hannah was angry cause she didn't trust any of the boys.

"You know exactly what those idiots did to me! And now you're having sex with one of them? I thought you were smarter."
„Oh really? I thought you were smarter... blah blah blah..." Both walked closer until they stood in front of each other.

„What about Zach? That wasn't sex, was it?"

Hannah wanted to open her mouth, but closed it again shortly after.
„Here we go! You sleep with Zach Dempsey, who didn't really treat you any better than anyone else! But you forbid me to sleep with Monty. All right -„
"-Hannah, I don't want to lose you... just because I'm fulfilling my needs with one of the boys. It's just sex."

„It's just sex until you fall in love and he breaks your heart." Hannah tried to avoid Lara's gaze.

„He's not that bad.."

„You don't seem to understand, I thought you were my best friend..." Hannah turned around and left Lara alone in the cold.

•••

After a long day at school, Lara made herself comfortable in her bed

After a long day at school, Lara made herself comfortable in her bed. She just got out of the shower and was only wearing a bra and panties.
„Am I interrupting?" An all-too-familiar voice made itself noticeable, which startled Lara.

"How did you get in here?" She abruptly sat up in her bed and put on a long shirt.
He laughed slightly and pulled the door shut behind him. „I've seen you in your underwear a hundred times.

„Answer my question."

„The living room window was open, so I went in." Montgomery shrugged and sat on her bed.

"So you're breaking into my house?" Montgomery put his index finger on her lips to make it clear to her that she should be quiet.
„Listen, It's not my first time in your house, your parents aren't there anyway. No car, no parents.." He grinned and made himself comfortable in her bed.

„What's really wrong? Why are you here?"

He stroked in small circles along her thigh and answered only with a shrug of the shoulders.
"A Montgomery de la Cruz doesn't just stop by when he's bored... unless he wants sex..." She was going to sat on him and started to undo his belt.

„Stop, wait..." He held her back and looked up at her, into her eyes. "I'm not here for sex. I just wanted to ask..."

„Ask." She pulled her eyebrows together.

"...if I could crash at your place for the next few days? My dad just kicked me out again and it's way too cold to stay outside all night."

"And then, of all people, you want to stay with me instead of your best buddy Bryce Walker?" She got off him and sat down on the bed next to him.

„Parties, booze, smoking pot, women, sex... I can't handle it every day."

„Shit! Whoever you are, what have you done with Montgomery?" She slipped a few inches away from him.
„Come on, you really think that bad of me?" She noticed how he didn't take it as fun and saw his tense look. „No... ehh... no, of course not. But I know you mostly like this."

He just nodded and folded his arms.
„I don't want to know how many girls you sleep with every day, except me." She grinned cheekily at him.

„Exactly one person. And that's you." Lara did not know why, but her heart started beating a little faster.
„Just me?"

„Since we've had this friendship plus thing going on... it is also exhausting to look for a new chick every time. So don't get your hopes up." He stuck out his tongue and stripped his shoes from his feet.

„...you can sleep here, by the way, asshole."

[©-ljohnsonbooks]