Chapter 38 : Siegfried de Chauvegné

Dorothea, meaning- the gift of god.

Blessed with golden hair like that of the blinding sun, and blue eyes like that of the clear blue sky.

A child blessed by the gods.

"Why are you here?"

Diana's lips were pressed into a thin line, her muscles tense.

The smile on Dorothea's lips stiffened.

"You don't know why I'm here?"

Dorothea asked in a clipped tone, her voice crisp, fading in the end. There was a gnawing itch in Dorothea's heart, bubbling and boiling every minute the silence stretched.

That itch was spreading all over her body, like acid. It was threatening to burst, her complexion reddening and burning with wrathful fury.

"How dare you-"

Dorothea's breath hitched, hissing. In an attempt to calm her rage, she breathed in deeply - her previous spiteful growl replaced with a forged magnificent smile.

"I mean- Let's talk about you first. Why are you here Diana?"

Dorothea sauntered forward, her hips swaying elegantly while her hands were raised up to the bottom of her bosom, her fingers fiddling with the golden ring on her left finger.

"Already past midnight, wearing that phony garbage of a guise- is that your new job now? A thief?"

Dorothea cackled loudly, her shrill high pitched voice making one's ears ring in agony. She slightly leaned back, unable to do more because of her tight corset, fanning herself with her hand.

Diana quietly stood, unperturbed by the palpable affront hurled her way.

"Are you done?"

Diana raised her eyebrows, her chin high and her spindly back upright. Confidence unlike before confronted the heinous female on her front, challenging her with a glare from her pair of clear elysian blue eyes.

The laughter died out from Dorothea, her nefarious beauteous lips parted, her tongue clicking. She raised her right hand, her left arm under her bosom, making her abundant bust more pronounced. Shifting her weight to her right hip, the corner of her lips curled up, forming a baleful smile.

"Did you just...question me?"

"A stupid prostitute-dared to question me?! The EMPRESS?"

Ire burst out of her veins, languid acrimony babbling from her vicious little mouth. With eyes burning in icy blue flames- Dorothea shrieked as her nostrils flared, her pretty manicured finger pointed at Diana, bluish veins throbbing in her neck.

"Grab that wench."

All of a sudden, a cloth was placed on Diana's lips, gagging her mouth. She froze, her eyes widening. Her arms were grabbed by her sides, a pair of maids tightly holding it in place, restricting her movement.

A muffled scream was heard throughout the room, and Shavinna could only stare in bare horror as she saw Diana being bound, struggling out of her binds with all her might.

A quaking breath escaped Shavinna's lips, her hands clutching the knob of the door tightly.

"Aren't you a sight to behold?"

Dorothea leered over the kneeling figure of Diana, obviously catching the gripping defiance in Diana's blue orbs.

It irritated Dorothea, making her veins pulse with indignation.