Chapter 43 : Archer Coleman

A sudden terrible noise woke Russell up, its infinite ringing splendidly annoying his ears.

He grabbed his phone, looking at the time.

He only had 10 minutes left before training starts.

He got up unhurriedly. After brushing his teeth and washing his face, he grabbed his gym bag while fishing out for his keys. 

He didn't have to worry.

It's only a 5-minute drive anyway.

Meanwhile, Isabelle struggled to put on her white sneakers.

She was dressed in a plain ebony soft cotton shirt paired with a flared copper skirt that reached an inch below her knees.

Stomping her feet on the ground, she snatched the brown satchel over her shoulder, then left her apartment.

A bell chime brought the dead coffee shop back to life.

Quickly entering the locker room, she wore her apron, tying a knot at the back. She grabbed the hair tie by her wrist, twisting her hair in a loop, then tying the band to keep the bun in place.

It was time for her to work.

The bell chimed once again, by now the whole coffee shop was filled with a small number of customers.

An aged woman, conspicuous with her smoky grey hair, entered the shop.

Immediately, the customers greeted her with a smile, blessing her with short wisps of stories from their everyday life.

A clump of ebony peeked from the side of the long-line of customers.

"Goodmorning boss!"

"Morning Isabelle."

The woman placed her purse by the counter at the side, hanging her puffy black trenchcoat on the hook by the wall. She took a spare apron from the locker room and proceeded to station herself behind Isabelle.

The woman grabbed the cups by Isabelle's side and went to the espresso machine. At last, Isabelle breathed a small sigh of relief.

It was almost 11 am and their morning rush of customers was already gone.

Isabelle was busy wiping the tables, not noticing the quick ticking of the clock.

The woman quietly sipped the warm mug filled with coffee in her hands. Her gaze flickered to the clock then to Isabelle, her eyes blinking indolently.

"Time to go to school."

The fray of hair by the sides of Isabelle's face whipped as she turned her neck.

"Ah-yes!"

The woman watched as Isabelle ran to the lockers, panicking. She casually leaned back, her fingers tapping into the rim of the mug.

The woman couldn't take it anymore. She placed her half-empty mug down on the counter, reaching for a packed sandwich by the display shelf.

The door of the locker room swiftly opened where Isabelle, wearing her former outfit, followed.

Isabelle was already by the door when the woman called for her.

"Hold it."

Isabelle stopped, looking back.

A white ball was tossed towards her, making her catch it with both hands.

"Your breakfast. Now, of you go."