The Orphan Child

Part 2

The chief inspector narrows his eyes at his partner, the policeman was no help, he was beyond insensitive and he was just down right stupid.

"Miss, you walked her all by yourself, you've got some really bad injuries that need to be looked at. What happened, where are your parents?" asks the chief, you stare at him with clear eyes, all pain felt because of your parents death was gone. You felt empty, emotions discarded at the side of the road along with your parents.

"They're dead, murdered..." you look down at your watch, "About three hours ago, took me at least an two and a half hours to walk here plus this imbaciles questions took at least thirty minutes." The Chiefs eyes widen.

His partner jots down a few notes, his eyes flick to his chief who nods towards the door, gesturing for him to leave the two of you alone.

"Can you tell me your name,age, address, anything that will help." asks the chief, he leans forward and places his entwined hands in his lap.

You shake your head and lean back in your chair, "My parents are (m/n) and (d/n) (l/n), we were attacked whilst were driving towards my new school, you'll find them a few miles north at the side of the road. Cant miss the tire marks on the ground, they're burnt in."

The chief nods, "You keep saying you were attack, attacked by what?"

Your jaw clenches, "You wouldn't believe me."

"I need to know."

"Men made of metal." you say with narrowed eyes, the chiefs brow furrows as he leans back in his chair.

He nods, "Do you have any family?" you shake your head, "Is that school public or private, are you expected to sleep there?"

You sigh but nod anyway.

"Well then, I'm sorry but I have no other choice but to drive you to the school. I really am very sorry."

You look down at your bloody hands, "So am I."

The chief doesn't hear you as he stands up from his seat and leaves the room but not without saying his partner will be through to take you to your school in a few minutes.

You look out of the glass of the office, the main room was pretty empty, you would be able to escape without being noticed. There was no way you were going to that school now, you didn't want to in the first place, it was for people with incredibly high IQ's but as perusal you were still the smartest one there. Which made you the freak, no one could accept the fact that someone was even slightly smarter than themselves, it was the same in your old school.

Now you'd be even more of a freak, child prodigy and orphan, that would make a great title. (y/n) (l/n) the orphan child.

You stand from your seat and quietly open the chiefs office door, you looks around the room for anyone that would recognise you before taking off down the corridor. Every step you took sent excruciating pain through your body, the ups and downs of your legs jostling you ribs, making it even harder to breathe.

You turn down the corridor that leads to the exit, it was clear except for two officers that you hadn't seen before. You put your hood up and look down, hoping to disguise some of your injuries and your face. The officers give each other strange looks as you pass.

"Miss, are you alright?" one asks, placing a hand on your shoulder. You shrug it off and continue walking. The officers give each other another glance before rushing back inside to get the chief.

You wince as you begin to run, you didn't have much time before they caught up to you, you had to hide but there was no where. Well there was a house, the door was open, surely they wouldn't mind if a girl that looked like she was on the brink of death randomly showed up in their sitting room.

Shouts of officers sound from behind you, they were a little bit behind but close enough to see you if you didn't act fast. The door creaked as you rushed past it and slam it shut.

A faint, "What was that?", sounds from around the corner. You slide down the wall, out of breath and pained. Two men peek around the corner, one with a baby in the hand and the other with what looked like a glowing screwdriver. 

The man holding the baby eyes widen as he looks at your broken and bruised body, he goes to say something when the shouts of police pass his door, you raise a finger to your lips.

The police pass and the house was silent.

"Why are the police looking for you," asks the man in tweed who still had the screwdriver in hand. You lean your head against the wall, blood staining the white paint.

"I'll clean the wall, just give me a minute, need to catch my breath." you say breathlessly, neither of the men move from the corner.

The man in tweed puts the screwdriver in his pocket and comes around the corner, he crouches down next to you, "Why are the police looking for you?"

You smile a little in triumph, "I ran away, they want to send me to a school for people that only have just above average IQ's, it would be so boring. That and my parents were just murdered and I didn't really feel like passing my car."

"How were they murdered?" asks the man, concern lacing his words.

You frown, jaw tensed, "Rough mechanics and pistons." The man gives you a strange look, "Metal men, apparently they're upgrades were terminated."

The man frowns, "Metal me, you're sure?"

You roll your eyes, "No I'm telling you that metal men killed my parents and left me with fractured ribs and a concussion for a bloody laugh." the man nods.

"Well then, I've got a job to do." he holds out his hand, "The Doctor."

You smile, "Thats convenient, (Y/n) (l/n), the patient."