Prettiest

"You better wake up. I know you're not dead so i'd be really grateful if you would open those pretty green eyes of yours." The field was damp, grass soaked through your shoes and socks, chilling your toes. Frost had started to form, the ghostly light of the moon illuminates the field, the frost becoming a glittery show.

You wrap your jacket closer to your body, the bitter air attacks your shivering body with no mercy. You had given up your scarf to the Doctor who was lying on the wet ground, he seemed cold so you thought it was best to keep him warm whilst he was 'asleep'.

The time lord had been 'asleep' for at least five minutes, all it took was one attack from a tree branch and he was on the floor napping. Your head rests against the time lords chest, despite his shivering he was rather warm. The planet you were on was horrid at night, it could freeze within minutes and as perusal you just had to be there to witness the weather change.

Stars scatter throughout the sky, each one a different colour and size. Smoke rises from the chimneys of near by villages, their fires being the only thing keeping them warm on the winter wonderland of a planet. Weird space owls chirp in the ferocious trees, leaves rustle in the numbing breeze. 

Fingers run through your hair, smoothing down all the stray strands. "Made yourself comfy I see." You hum in response, your eyes refuse to tear away from the sky to meet his. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"It's fantastic." you shove your hands into your pockets and shrink back into your jacket.

"Did you lose your scarf?" the Doctor asks as he watches your hand subconsciously raises to where your scarf would usually sit. You shake your head and reach a hand back, placing it against his chest and on top of the scarf. "You do remember that I never get cold."

"I do but you were shivering so I thought it would be better to do it anyway, just incase." 

The Doctor smiles at you, "Do you really think my eyes are pretty."

You sit up and turn to face him. "Just the prettiest." you grin at him before pushing yourself up onto your feet and holding a hand out to him, he takes your hand and pulls himself to his feet. The Doctor unwraps your scarf from his body and drapes it over your shoulders, a cheeky grin falls onto his face as he pulls you forward with the help of the scarf.

"I think your eyes are prettier."

You chuckle at the man before you, "Those are the words I have always wanted to hear from you." That was a lie, you had only wanted to hear him say one thing since the two of you started dating two months ago.

The Doctor presses his lips to yours, the kiss was cold but sweet nonetheless. "You are a terrible lier."

"I have never lied to you, Doc."

"You just did, twice."

You cock your head to the side, "Care to elaborate."

He finishes wrapping you up in your scarf before pulling you flush against his chest, unlike his lips the rest of him was warm, you were sure he could melt the whole field with his body. 

"Thats not what you want me to say."

You shake your head, knowing where this conversation was going. "You don't h-"

"I love you, (y/n)"

A smile graces his lips as he looks down at you and your now red cheeks. You press your cheek against his chest, "I love you too." He press a kiss to the crown of your head. Although you didn't want to ruin the moment, it wasn't getting any warmer, "Can we go back to the Tardis now."

He chuckles but takes your hand anyway, leading you home.