BirchWood Is No Place To Be

Part 4

You fiddle with the metal rods in the lock of your cell, "This would be soon much easier with my sonic." A satisfying click resonates off of the walls and the cell door creeks open, "Finally."

You step out from the musty cell and onto wooden floors, "How in the hell did I never get a splinter?" you shrug the thought off and tap on the bars of your new friends cage, "Whats your name?"

"Tom."

"You got a friend named Jerry?" Silence, "Never mind that. Come with me, i'll get you out. I am no longer schizophrenic, no need to worry. That and my husband is probably going to make one hell on an entrance that I just don't want to miss."

Shuffling feet meet you on the other side of the bars, "Its (y/n) isn't it." you nod, "Listen kid, you may be 'cured' or whatever but I'm not. Do you want to know why i'm in here?"

You sigh, "I have a feeling you're going to tell me anyway."

"Im in here because I killed people, my family, some friends and the local fish monger. I'm not leaving. So please, take yourself away from my cell and save yourself." he falls silent and falls back onto his bed.

You turn from his cell and make your way down the hall, occasionally stoping behind pillars to hide from guards and shushing patients that were whaling. Every so often your body would cramp and regeneration energy would be released from your still repairing body. Doors line the badly lit hall, all but one was locked and in darkness. Unfortunately though, the one open belonged to Abel and his torture tools.

A sigh escapes your pained lips as you head for Abel's lab, you peek your head through the doorway and roll your eyes when you're met with the back of the scientists head.

"Now or never," you mutter to yourself as you step into the room, "Abel, be a dear and point me towards my clothes." the man jumps slightly in his chair, he turns to you, a frown on his face.

"How did you get out of your cell?", he places his tools on the table behind him and stands, he walks towards you, disgust in his eyes.

You move around a table, hoping to stay as far away from the man as possible, "Magic. Now, answer my questions. Clothes, where?"

He chuckles, "Where has this confidence come from. For the last year you have cried alone in your cell."

"Well I can tell you it didn't come from my clothes because I seem to still not have them."

Abel points to a box in the corner, you shuffle towards it and throw the top open. You smile as you see your jacket and boots, "Oh I have missed you." you turn to the vile man behind you, "If I catch you looking, I will remove those perverted eyes from your skull."

He rolls his eyes as he turns, you slide the tattered nightgown off of your shoulders, Abel looks over his shoulder as you pull on your shirt.

"She might look small but she will remove your eyes if she feels like it. That is if I don't do it first, eyes off what ain't yours." A voice says from the doorway, a broad smile makes its way onto your face as you pull on your boots and jacket.

"I was expecting to hear an explosion. Did you lose all of your flare this last year?" You ask as you look over your shoulder at the gentle smile of your husband that you had missed so much.

The Doctor glares at Abel as he walks past him but the second he looked at you all of his anger simmered away, his eyes were softer, sadder as he looked down at you. He pulls you into a hug, he hadn't held you this close since you two lost your children in the time war.

"I didn't lose my flare, I lost my wife. On the plus side I also lost our bounty hunter friends."

You press a kiss to his cheek, "Good, time to go home."

Abel shakes his head, "I'm afraid not, you are still unwell. As I have told you many times before I am the only one that can save you from yourself."

You turn to the scientist with a sweet smile on your face, "You're right. I do need your help, please don't let him take me." Abel comes towards you, he reaches to for your arm but misses as you move your hand to the side of his face. The mans eyes fill with tears as he falls to his knees.

"(y/n), what did you do?" the Doctor asks, you wince as another wave of regeneration energy leaves your body.

"I showed him what he's been doing here, I gave him my pain, some from when I was human and he shocked me and some from my body right now." you say bluntly as you take the Doctors hand, leading him out of the room and away from the Scientist that you hoped would feel your pain for the rest of his dull existence.

The Doctor sighs, "How badly did he hurt you?"

"I wished I was dead but lets not dwell on the past. I need a shower and I need to lie down because apparently my cells don't want to fix themselves without a fight."

The Doctor nods and leads you to a storage cupboard, a grin forms on your face as your eyes land on the Tardis. You press a hand to the ship, she hums under your touch, "Honey, I'm home." you say to the ship as you push open the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not happy with the ending but oh well.

I'd just like to say thank you to anyone on here that has read my first DW imagines book and had helped it reach 13K reads.

You guys are awesome,

Chloe Xx