Love You

"Pay attention to me." the Doctor says, his head suddenly in your lap and in the way of your book. You sigh as you close the book and give your full attention to your best friend.

"What do you want?"

"You're attention obviously." you roll your eyes. "I'm bored."

You shake your head before leaning it against the pillows behind you. "What am I supposed to do about that." The Doctor huffs like a little child as he takes your hand and places it in his hair, he claimed it 'calmed' him.

As your fingers runs through the ridiculously long strands the Doctor sits in silence, hoping to think of anything that would stop him from wanting to jump into the nearest star.

"Can we go on an adventure?" he asks, his voice softer than usual. You hum in response, agreeing despite not really having the effort to run away from death. "We don't have to if you don't want to."

"Want I want to do is swap places because I'm tired and you're comfy."

The Doctor smiles at you whilst he switches places with you. Your head rests in his lap, your eyes meet his. Although the man was extremely old you still had the biggest crush on him, it didn't feel right because the two of you had been friends for years but you couldn't help it.

He runs his fingers through your hair, he chuckles when you nestle your face into his stomach. His other arm drapes over your waist, his fingers trace lazy shapes causing you to fall asleep. His smile grows as he hears your light snores.

"How am I ever supposed to tell you that I'm in love with you?" he asks both you and himself.

You smile in your sleep, although you weren't conscious your head knew what to say. "Love you too."