The Orphan Child

Part 3

The Doctor looks you over, his eyes full of concern, "Craig, you got a first aid kit."

Craig nods, "Let me put Alfie in his chair and I'll get it for you." The Doctor smiles at his friend as he heads into the kitchen with the baby. 

You wince as you take another breath, breathing was becoming harder and harder, each breath tensing your chest and compressing the fracture. You cradle your fractured arm against your chest and stay as still as possible.

"Did the cybermen see you?" the Doctor asks as he brushes some hair back to look at the gash on your head, it was deeper than you realised. His face scrunches up at the sight.

You shiver as his fingers lightly trace the wound, "They didn't see me." The Doctor nods and moves his hand away from your head, he stands and holds out a hand.

You shake your head, "I honestly can't move." the Doctor sighs.

"Sorry if this hurts." he crouches back down and slides his arms under your legs and around your waist, you curl yourself up against his chest with the hope it will steady yourself a little bit and stop your rib from being knocked about. He carries you into the living room and places you on the sofa, Craig enters the room, first aid kit in hand. He passes it to the Doctor.

"I'm going to do something but I need you to not freak out." the Doctor says softly as he takes your hand in his, you give him a strange look but nod anyway. He takes a deep breath and shuts his eyes as if he is thinking hard about something, your eyes widen and fingers curl as gold engulfs your hand and heals your body.

You yank your hand away from his as the gold fades away, "What the fuck!' you shriek as you jump up from the seat and towards the sitting room window.

"I told you not to freak out!" the Doctor groans as he rolls his shoulders and cracks his neck, "I healed you ok, it took a couple of years off of my life so you could at least say thank you."

You press a hand to your forehead, "Oh yes, sorry, must have forgot to say thank you whilst you were working a light show on my bloody hand. Thank you ever so much for fixing my ribs and arm with your voodoo cant say thank you for my head because apparently your magic trick didn't fix that!" you hold out a finger to stop him from coming any closer.

"I have the first aid kit for that. (y/n), you need to calm down." the Doctor says as he raises his hands in surrender.

"Oh and another thing, why the hell are you wearing a bow tie?" you lean against the wall and press a hand to your chest, the erratic beat matching your frantic breathing.

The Doctor looked almost offended as he straightens out his red bow tie, "Bow ties are cool."

You frown, "Bow ties are for magicians but then again with the bull shit you're pulling it is rather fitting." You slide down the wall and place your head in your hands, tears slowly make their way down your face, "I can't take all of this, it's too much."

The Doctor crouches down infront of you, he looks over his shoulder to Craig and gestures for him to leave. He places a hand on your knee.

"I should have warned you." the Doctor says with a frown, "How old are you?"

You wipe at your face and raise your head to look the man in the eyes, "I'm sixteen." the Doctors face completely falls.

"Oh well I...I'm sorry this all happened when you are so young." he looks at your temple, "Can I clean that?"

You shrug your shoulders, "May as well."

He smiles and turns to the table where he left the first aid kit, he picks it up and opens it. He takes out a variety of things that looked like they were going to sting, "This might hurt." he presses a cotton ball to your head, you clench your fists as he cleans the wound."It won't need stitches but I would be careful when you shower and swim and stuff to do with water basically."

You nod and give the man a pat on the shoulder, "Well thank you Doc but I best be going."

The Doctor stands when you do, "Where will you go?"

"I don't know." you say with a frown, "But it won't be that god awful school or my bloody aunts. I just I have something to do first." you begin to walk past him when he grabs your arm.

"Don't even bother looking for them."

"I have no clue as to what you mean."

The Doctor narrows his eyes, "You know exactly what I mean, whatever you think you are about to do it isn't going to work."

"Well I was going to make a bomb but I feel like we are on different wave lengths here."

"A bomb, why do you know how to make a bomb?" the Doctor shakes his head in confusion, "Kiddo, you cant kill a cyberman, you're only human."

You raise your eyebrows, "And you aren't." it was the Doctors turn to raise his...forehead?, "You're pulling my leg."

He shakes his head, "I'm no magician but I am a Time lord over the age of nine hundred so I must be performing some sort of voodoo."

"Well it's not the weirdest thing i've heard today, I mean hearing a...cyberman call your dead parents terminated upgrades trumps that." you say with a frown, "Hold on a sec, you know what they are, you've seen them before. You can help me."

The Doctor shakes his head vigorously, "Nope, not happening. You are going to sit here with Craig whilst I go after them, no bombs little miss know it all. Just give me a day to fix everything, please."

"You can't fix everything, my parents are dead, you can't fix that. Please, just let me help." you give him, what you believed to be, the best puppy dog eyes you had given anyone. His face scrunches up and he appeared to be holding his breath.

He groans and throws his hands up, "Fine but you never and I mean never leave my side, you got it."

You smile and pull the lanky man into a hug, "Thank you, Doc."

He hesitantly wraps his arms around you, "Yeah yeah, whatever."