The Orphan Child

Part 4

You look around the store for any sign of the Doctor or Craig but instead all you found was another of those weird silver robot thing's and Alfie with a random clerk. 

It had taken only moments for the Doctor to disappear and you had already searched for him all over the store for over fifteen minutes.

"Never leave my side he said, do you understand he said. Well, it seems he's the one that doesn't bloody understand." you say to yourself as you venture through the fitting rooms. At the end one of the curtains was pulled back, you venture closer and find a whole in the wall.

You inspect the mirror that was pulled away from the entrance, "Let me guess, tunnel that needed explored, screams Doctor." With a roll of your shoulders you hop into the tunnel and make your way though. 

It was cold and dark, there was little light at the end and anything and everything was falling from the little room above. Dirt found its way into your mouth, you gag and wipe at your lips with the sleeve of your jumper as you drop out of the tunnel.

Your eyes do a double take as they land upon a ship, it was the opposite of small and was a boring shade of grey. The ground slides out from under your feet as they head towards what seemed to be the door of the ship. The doors open as you stand before them, despite the ship being alien you took no precautions and venture into the unknown which wasn't really much. It was just more darkness and the voices of both the Doctor and metal men that had killed your parents only hours earlier.

You creep towards a doorway, you were crouched and uncomfortable. The throbbing in your head still noticeable despite the use of the Doctors voodoo. Your breathing hitches as you see Craig inside one of the metal suit, he was terrified and confused but most of all, helpless.

The Doctor was arguing with the Cybermen, their faces emotionless and their face void of expression. They separated him from his friend who struggled against the metal binding. The arguing stops and is replaced by shouting as Craig is fully engulfed by the suit and 'transformed' into one of those things.

Alfie cries from above, the baby sensing his father pain and struggle. He cries and cries, the cries never faltering or wavering. The transformation stops, and the suit begins the shake.

You stand from the doorway and creep towards the Doctor, you take his hand and pull him to your side. His eyes widen as he see's you, "What are you doing here!" he exclaims, his voice full of panic.

"Your said to never leave your side, remember?"

He sighs and pushes you behind him as the Cybermen begin their panic. Craig emerges from the suit, his body still intact as his eyes scan for any sign of his child. The Doctor smiles at his friend and then glares at the Cybermen.

The Doctor rushes forward and helps Craig move away from the Cybermen who were holding their heads and moaning about something to do with emotions. Your guess was that blocked them, unless you were psychotic there was no way you could kill all of those people and feel nothing.

The three of you waste no time in running for the exit but it was locked. Cybermen explode around you, their heads blowing from the emotional overload. The Doctor grabs your hand and pulls you towards a different doorway.

"I need to get to Alfie." Craig shouts as he follows you and the Doctor onto the platform. The Doctor pulls you to his chest as he uses his sonic to activate the teleport and put you above ground. Below you the ship explodes, the overload of emotions being too unstable, too out of control for the Cybermen.

Craig searches for Alfie as the Doctor smoothes down your hair and searches your face for any injuries, "You're ok, that's good." you smile and bring him into a hug.

"That was brilliant, I want to do it again."

The Doctor holds you close and has an internal debate with himself, he shakes his head, "We better find Stormageddon," you nod, your arms releasing the lanky man and instead taking his hand as the two of you search for Craig.

-x-

You sit on the swing underneath the console in the control room, you were waiting for the Doctor to finish whatever he was doing in Craig's house.

The time lord had yet to decide what to do with you, he could either abandon you at that school or take you with him, he preferred the latter but was afraid of the consequence. Having any form of companion was dangerous but a child, you would be an even easier target and he wouldn't be able to live with himself if anything happened to you.

He entered the Tardis, his eyes immediately scan the room for you, he spots you below deck with a gentle smile on your face. You look towards the stairs as his heavy feet come towards you.

He clears his throat, "I need to ask you something." you nod and he continues, "Are you scared of me, the Cybermen or even this ship?"

You shake your head and stick out your bottom lip, "To be honest with you, not one thing about any of this surprises me. I don't think anything could surprise me anymore, well except from the look on my aunts face when I have to explain this to her and my cousin, Jamie. They're so boring, honestly, you would fall asleep just listening to them. That and I always hear the sob story about her cheating husband."

They Doctor sighs, "I'm dangerous, my life is dangerous, travelling with me would put you in danger."

"I know that."

"Then why are you so eager to join me?"

You sway as the swing twirls on its chains, "You're life is exciting, it's full of adventure. My life is to be full of prep schools and advanced placement. I wish to see planets and alien races, I want to get to know you. I can't do that if i'm stuck at home with my aunt Deborah."

The Doctor smiles and holds out his hand which you take gently, he pulls you up from the swing and up the stairs towards the console.

He press pulls on levers and flicks switches before leading you over to a final button, "Once you press that button there is no going back."

You give him a smile, "Good job I have nothing to collect then isn't it."

Then you pushed the button.