BirchWood Is No Place To Be

Part 3

Scream after scream left your lips. Your body shook in pain as your biological code began rewriting itself to be time lord and not human. All the memories from the last year that you believed to be someone else replay in your head with each stab of pain.

-x-

The Doctor smiles at you as you take the hands of your children, his scarf matches the ones around their necks as they make their way out of the Tardis and onto the snowy fields of victorian earth.

-x-

You hold your husbands hand as his blond curls turn dark and straight, regeneration energy clings to his body as he changes once again.

-x-

"Oi, you." you shout at a Dalek as it makes its way towards the Doctor. The alien turns towards you and aims its gun, "Don't be an arse, you didn't aim it at him." The Dalek fires it's gun, hitting you in your stomach, "Dick'ed." you fall to your knees as your husband runs towards you, he places your head in his lap as gold burst from your body.

-x-

NO MORE. You and the Doctor chuck the guns to the side as Daleks rain down from the burning skies. Shot after shot is fired, each blast blowing apart the ground behind you and the Doctor as you make your way back into the Tardis to end the Time war once and for all.

-x-

The Doctor holds up two jumpers, "Green or Blue?"  you shake your head.

"Love, I'm not going to lie to you. They are both hideous but green is slightly less hideous than that blue." 

The Doctor rolls his eyes, "At least I know you won't lie to me." he pulls on the green jumper and then his leather jacket.

-x-

"But it's Sontaran. You need three fingers." Donna says through the phone. The Doctor rolls his eyes.

"You've got three fingers." your husband says exasperatedly. You laugh from the corner of the room, the Doctor smiles over at you, you would never grow tired of that smile.

Or that hair.

-x-

A family like the one you faced with Martha was hunting you and the Doctor. You had no idea how they found you but they were dangerous and didn't mind bringing their find in dead.

"Did they see your face?" the Doctor asks as he throws the Tardis into the time vortex with the hunters just behind you.

You straighten the Doctors bowtie and press a kiss to his lips before dancing around the console, pressing a handful of buttons and releasing the Chameleon Arch from its place.

"No, (y/n), you can't." the Doctor pulls you away from the arch, you sigh and take your sonic from your pocket. You place it in your husbands hands .

"They saw my face, you know I have to. Drop me off in the middle of nowhere in the year 1865. If I'm lucky i'll be picked up by some randomer." you rest your forehead against his, a gentle smile on your face as his eyes fill with tears.

"Please don't leave me." he whispers. You raise your hand to his face, your thumb stokes his cheek.

"It will only be for a little while. You'll find me, you always do, my love."

Your lips meet his one last time. The kiss was full of sadness but the same fiery passion the two of you had felt since you met each other as children.

You place the arch on your head as the Doctors arms wrap around your waist, "I love you." you whisper as the arch begins to strip you of your time lord code. You scream as each cell is ripped apart and patched together wrong. Your vision turns black as the Doctor finally replies.

"I love you too."

-x-

Your body stops shaking and your cell falls silent. Your hearts beat rapidly in your chest as you scramble to your feet, each move you made sent a ripple of pain through your still shocked body. You slam your fist against one of your hearts as it begins to slow.

"Don't you dare stop. I don't have time to fix you right now." you look down at your clothes and roll your eyes, "What the hell is this. I look like an old lady."

Your eyes peer around the cell, it was too dark to see anything but the glow of a dimly lit candle in the cell over from you. 

"Oi, you." you throw a piece of crumbled brick at the occupiers bars, you had never seen the one who lived in that cell but you heard it was the first patient rolled into the building. A grunt comes from the other side of the bars and heavy footsteps sound as the glow of the candle comes nearer.

"What do you want?" a gruff voice asks, the light from the candle showed little of the mans face.

"I want out."

The man chuckles darkly, "So does every other person in the hell hole. What makes you think I know the way out of here."

You look directly at what you thought was the mans eyes, "You've been here since this place was opened, no one spends that much time in a place like this without finding a way out. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you."

Guards pace the halls, each of them armed to the teeth. Abel curses in his laboratory, the disgusting scientist was probably experimenting with some other poor victim. You grit your teeth and press your head against one of the cold bars of your cell.

"In each cell there is a box behind the brick three in and eight up from the back right corner. Inside the box there should be a lighter and some sort of metal for picking the lock to your cell. I don't know why they are there, probably something to do with the guards and builders being too afraid of one day ending up in this place." says the man finally, you smile at him despite him being unable to see you.

"Why haven't you left then. If you know how to leave why haven't you?" you ask as you walk over to the barely visible right side of the room and count the bricks.

He sighs, "I have my reasons just like you have your reasons for breaking your nails trying to remove a brick from the wall."

The brick was already loose so removing it from the wall wasn't hard at all, you throw it against the bed frame and reach your hand into the gap. Your fingers hit wood, a smile forms on your face as you pull the box out from behind the wall.

You fiddle with it as you try to find the clasp, a satisfying click fills your ears as the box pops open and the lighter falls into your hands. Your fingers fumble as you open it and set it alight, the dim glow revealing the metal rods that would lead you to your freedom and the love of your very long life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in so long but I AM BACK BABY.

Also thank you so much for 200 reads!

Ciao,

Chloe Xx