sixteen

So there's some smut in here but there's also some pretty important storyline stuff so I put asterisks [***] around the smut just in case you don't want to read it

The five days that Harry had gone without seeing Louis was the longest the two had been apart since they met. And it was fucking killing him.

As much as Harry tried to enjoy the time he had with his mum and Gemma, all he could think about was Louis. They would go out for dinner and Harry's mind would be Louis, Louis, Louis. They would watch a movie together and Harry's mind would be Louis, Louis, Louis. Even when they went to visit their grandparent's graves, all Harry could think was Louis, Louis, Louis.

That was why, when Harry woke up on the 28th, bright and early in the morning, he eagerly got dressed for the day. All throughout the break thus far, Harry had been sleeping well past noon, due to the fact that he would be up on the phone with his boyfriend 'til the early hours of the morning. So when he waltzed into the kitchen at half seven, his mother was duly shocked.

"What's got you up so early, Harry?" She asked as Harry poured himself a bowl of cereal.

Harry looked up at her with a smile that he couldn't hold back, "Lou's coming back today."

Anne chuckled at her son's excitement, "What time?"

"Not sure really, I'll have to text him."

Harry sat down at the table, across from his mother who was just finishing up her coffee. "Well I best be heading to work. Let me know what your plans are, ya?"

Harry smiled at her, his mouth full, and she left for work. Harry quickly finished his cereal before shooting Louis a text.

Harry: hi boo, what time are you coming back today?

Then Harry went and sat on the couch, starting up the TV and beginning to play the game he had been working through since he got it for Christmas. Harry waited patiently for Louis to text him back, checking his phone every time he beat a level, but he didn't hear from Louis.

It was around one in the afternoon when Harry heard Gemma come down the stairs.

"Where's your boyfriend?" She teased him, coming to sit on the couch beside him.

Harry just shrugged his shoulders and continued to play.

"What do you mean?"

Harry shrugged again, "He hasn't texted me yet."

"Oh," Gemma said quietly before standing up and heading to the kitchen, presumably to get herself some food.

She came back into the room a few minutes later, two plates in hand. She put one down on the table in front of Harry while she sat again, her plate still in her hand.

"Eat, Harry." Harry ignored her, just continued playing while she watched. Eventually, hunger took over him and he passed the controller to Gemma for her to take a turn while he scarfed down his sandwich.

The two took turns playing for the rest of the evening until Anne returned home.

"Where's Louis?" Was the first thing she said when she saw her two children sitting on the couch.

Harry just ignored her, as he had been doing to Gemma all afternoon, while Gemma herself got up off the couch and walked with Anne to the kitchen. Harry quickly turned down the volume of the TV so he could hear what they were saying.

"Where's Louis then?"

"He never texted Harry back. He's been pissy all night 'cause of it."

"That's strange. Do you think something happened?"