eighteen

Louis didn't drive home that day. He honestly didn't know where to go or what to do so he drove around until Harry's grip lessoned on his hand and he could hear the younger boy's breath's evening out.

When Harry fell asleep Louis started to drive home. By the time he pulled into his driveway, it was already dark, however, neither of his parents' cars were in the driveway so he assumed they had gone out. Louis could see that the front porch light was on and that light from one of the upstairs rooms, the one that belonged to the older girls, was still on.

Louis looked over at the sleeping boy in the passenger seat. His head had fallen sideways so Harry was facing the driver's side, towards Louis. Even in his sleep, Louis could see the stress painted on Harry's face. In his furrowed brow and his lips pressed tightly together. Louis reached his hand up to the boy's head and stroked his hair for a moment, watching as Harry relaxed into his hand. However, when a sound came from Harry's hoodie pocket, Louis pulled his hand away, reaching to gently pull the younger boy's phone out instead.

Louis turned on the screen to see four unread texts from Harry's mother. Harry and Louis had shared their phone passwords with each other a few weeks into dating so he quickly unlocked the screen to read them.

Mum: Why did you leave Harry?

Mum: I don't care what happened, you can tell me

Mum: Harry please come home so we can talk

And most recently,

Mum: I hope you're safe, I love you

Louis decided it would probably be for the best if he texted Anne but he didn't want to pretend to be Harry so he just copied the number from Harry's contacts into his own.

Louis: hi Anne , it's Louis . Harry's okay , he's with me .

Louis put both of their phones, along with his car keys, into his pocket before exiting the car and making his way over to the passenger side. When he opened the door he noticed Harry stirring a bit, likely from the sound of the car door closing.

"Hi baby," Louis whispered, reaching down to unbuckle Harry before picking him up, wrapping the smaller boy in his arms.

"Lou," Harry mumbled before burrowing his face into his boyfriend's warm neck.

Louis chuckled at just how adorable his boy was before closing and locking the car door and making his way to the front door. He struggled to unlock and open the door with Harry in his arms but eventually, he got it open, stepping into the dark foyer and slipping off his shoes before making his way up the stairs to his bedroom. There, Louis lay Harry in the bed, tugging off his sweatshirt and sweatpants as the boy whined sleepily, eyes only half-open. However, after tucking Harry into his small twin bed, Louis got up and made his way to the door.

"Stay," Harry said quickly, not wanting the boy to leave.

"I'll be right back, love, just gotta check on my sisters," Louis whispered back, not wanting to disturb anyone in the house who might be sleeping, namely, his youngest sisters.

"Okay," Harry whispered back, turning to lay on his stomach, "Come right back, boo."

"I will, baby, don't worry," Louis said with a light chuckle as he slowly opened the door before closing it behind him, leaving it open just a crack. Louis walked down the hallway, past the bathroom, to where his sisters' rooms were. First, he entered the one that belonged to the twins, smiling when he saw they were both lying in their beds, nightlight on as they slept. Next, he knocked on the door that belonged to Lottie and Felicite, his oldest two sisters.

After hearing a response, he opened the door to see Lottie lying on her bed, over the covers with her phone up over her face and Fizzy sitting at her desk with the lamp on, clearly illuminating whatever homework they give in the fourth grade.

"Hi Lou," They both greeted him as he entered, moving over to sit on Fizzy's bed.

"You guys know when mum and Dan are coming home?" Louis asked them.

"Late, mum said," Lottie answered.

"Alright well, you girls should be getting to bed soon, yeah?" Louis suggested. Both girls groaned but Fizzy turned off her desk lamp and went to lie in her bed. Louis waited for both girls to get situated before turning off the light for them, however, before he was able to close the door completely, he was stopped.

"Louis?" Lottie asked, her face appearing in the space between the door and the frame.

"Yes Charlotte?"

"Who's that boy you brought to your room?" Louis couldn't hold in the slight gasp that escaped his mouth.

"It's just Harry, Lots."

"Why were you carrying him?"

"He had a hard day."

"Is he drunk?"

"Jesus, Lots, your twelve, how do you even know what drunk is?" Charlotte just shrugged. "He's just... sad, okay? And he's important to me so I don't want him to be sad. He's here so he won't be sad, yeah?"

Charlotte nodded so Louis reached up and ruffled her hair before turning her around and pushing her towards her bed. "Go to bed now."

Charlotte giggled but went to bed so Louis closed the door and went back to his room, closing the door behind him and stripping from his clothes before turning to look at Harry. The younger boy was now clearly sleeping deeply, pretty much in the middle of the bed.

Louis couldn't help but fond over this adorable boy lying in his bed. Louis sat in the bed beside Harry, nudging the boy a bit so he could lie down before pulling Harry into him so the younger boy was basically lying on top of him.

He felt Harry stir but he just stroked his hair lightly until he was sleeping deeply again, snore like noises falling from his lips. Louis lifted his head again and pressed a kiss to the top of Harry's head before reaching over to the bedside table where he had placed both of their phones.

And then Louis turned off their phones because they didn't need anyone but each other.

-----

this chapter might be one of my favourites of the entire book thus far cuz it shows how cute Louis is with H but also with his sisters

[happy valentines day <3]

thanks for reading

love you all

xx