twenty nine

After playing FIFA for a half-hour, both boys had grown quite an appetite, so they, along with Gemma and Niall, headed out to get lunch, leaving behind Danielle and Liam who said they both had some studying to get done.

"That's code for they want to fuck," Niall said loudly as they left the house and got in Niall's car.

Gemma reached over from the passenger seat and punched Niall on the arm, "Stop being such a fucking wanker."

Niall just rolled his eyes and caught Harry's gaze in the rearview mirror, smiling at him, "So, Harry, any embarrassing stories about Gemma?"

Gemma reached over and punched the boy again while Harry laughed but stayed relatively quiet, he really wasn't too comfortable around Niall, given that he had only met the boy an hour prior.

"Not really," Harry replied shyly, giggling at Niall's pout from his response, "She was actually a fairly normal kid, dunno what happened."

They all laughed and Niall pulled up to a small cafe-type restaurant. They went inside and took a seat at a booth by a window, glancing at the menu before Niall and Louis went up to the counter to place their orders.

"So you guys are doing okay?" Gemma asked Harry once they were alone.

Harry nodded, not really having much to say on the topic.

"What's it like living together?" Gemma asked, prying.

Harry smiled, "'S good, I like being with him all the time."

"You don't get sick of each other? You know, being around each other all day long, every day."

"No, I love him, I don't get sick of him."

"If it were me I would've gotten sick of him already, I feel like I'm always sick of my housemates," Gemma explained.

Harry rolled his eyes, "It's not really that different from before."

"Mum said you guys share your room and sleep together each night though."

Harry shrugged, "Don't tell mum but we were pretty much doing that anyway."

"Harry!" Gemma squawked. "I can't believe mum thinks your such an angel while you're there sneaking boys into your room."

"He rarely ever snuck me in," Louis interrupted as Niall and he approached the table. Louis sat down beside Harry and reached his hand up to rub the boy's neck affectionately while Niall sat down beside Gemma. "It was more him sneaking out to see me."

"Oh my god!" Gemma squealed, tossing a bit of napkin that she had ripped at her brother. "And mum thinks I'm a slut."

"Oi!" Louis growled protectively, "He's not a slut."

Harry smiled smugly at Gemma while she just raised her eyes at the older boy, "Stand down, I didn't even call him that."

"I bet he snuck out to fuck in Louis' car," Niall said, disrupting the tension.

Harry immediately went red and tucked himself closer into Louis' side.

"Fuck's sake, Ni, that's my brother," Gemma complained and shuddered, "Don't wanna picture them having sex."

"You just called him a slut!" Niall shot back.

"No! I just said that mum thinks I am!" Gemma argued.

Louis chuckled, "Harry used to fall asleep in my car a lot and I would have to wake him up and get him back home before your mum got up."

"After fucking," Niall added and Louis just shrugged causing Gemma to groan and cover her face.

A waiter brought over their food and the topic quickly changed. Louis asked Niall and Gemma about what it was like at the university, along with their programs.

"Well, it depends on what program you're going for," Gemma explained, "I'm doing communication, which is basically journalism, but Niall here is taking some business shit."

"Economics," Niall added.

"I applied for English," Louis said before taking a bite of his sandwich, "So it's probably pretty similar to your journalism, Gemma."

"Probably," Gemma replied, "I'll be honest with you, I didn't care much about the academics, I came here 'cuz I heard it was a party school."

"Same," Niall interrupted, "And I didn't get in anywhere else so I really didn't have a choice."

Louis frowned, "I thought it was a good school. I only applied here, Manchester, King's College and UCL... And I really don't know if I can get into those other ones."

Harry immediately tensed. He hadn't known Louis applied to schools so far away. Manchester was pretty close but Harry had thought Liverpool was far at almost two hours from Doncaster. London was even farther though, longer than three hours.

Louis, feeling Harry tense but not really knowing why turned to the boy and pressed a kiss to the side of his head before whispering, "You okay?"

Harry just nodded, not wanting to talk about the future, especially if it meant Louis leaving.

"What are we doing tonight?" Harry asked Gemma, forcing himself to speak, although he was still feeling fairly shy around Niall.

"You guys aren't coming to my party?" Niall asked.

Gemma shrugged, "I didn't ask them, I assumed Harry might want something quieter." Gemma paused and turned to look at her brother and his boyfriend. "Niall throws a party every Friday night and they're usually pretty crazy. It's at the house so we'll get stuck in it no matter what but if you don't want to be there we can go see a movie or something, go out for dinner and all."

Gemma and Niall were both looking at Harry and with that, Louis turned to look at him too. Louis knew he himself would be fine at a party but he wasn't sure about Harry. The younger boy was just so quiet and shy most of the time, definitely not the type to go to university parties while not even in his last year of high school.

But Harry wasn't thinking about himself. He could see on Louis' face how much he wanted to go to the party so Harry shrugged and forced a smile onto his face. "We can just stay for the party, it'll be fun."

Niall and Gemma both let out a quiet cheer while Louis was quick to nudge the boy a bit, getting his attention. Louis pressed in close, "You sure, baby?"

Harry just nodded and pressed a kiss to Louis' cheek as a smile spread on the older boy's face.

--

so apologies for the short chapter, it was just for the sake of how these needed to be broken up.

I got my uni schedule today for the fall term and I'm honestly so excited even tho I'm literally just taking maths, physics, chem and engineering courses lol

--(hi Mel, love you)--

xx