twenty one

Harry opened the door to see his mother sitting at the kitchen table, looking over some papers. With the sound of the door opening, however, she immediately looked up. "Harry?!"

Harry smiled and stood there as his mum came up to him and wrapped him in a tight hug. "I was so worried about you. Come sit down."

They both sat down at the table again and Harry couldn't help but think back to the day before when they were sitting in the exact same way. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you where I was."

Anne gave him a sad smile, "Louis texted me saying you were with him."

Harry nodded slightly, the boy's name bringing a small smile to his lips. His mum pursed her lips before speaking again. "What you wanted to talk about yesterday... It was about Louis, wasn't it?"

Harry looked down before nodding his head slightly.

"About you and him?" His mum asked again. Harry felt tears fill his eyes before he nodded again.

"Oh honey," His mum said, standing up and pulling Harry into a hug. Harry immediately let out a small sob at the feeling of his mother's arms around him. He had been so scared, and he still kind of was.

"I'm sorry, mum," He choked out, coughing against her shoulder.

Anne shook her head before holding Harry away from her, looking him in the eyes. "You have nothing to be sorry for, Harry."

Harry nodded and let his mum reach her hand up to wipe at the tears leaking from his eyes. "Don't you ever let anyone tell you that to be sorry for loving someone."

Harry nodded again before going in for another hug.

"I love you so much, Harry."

"Love you too, mum," Harry whispered into her shoulder.

"How about we go watch some TV and you can tell me about you and Louis, ya? You know I had a feeling something was going on, I've caught you cuddling way too closely for you to just be friends." Harry giggled and nodded as his mum led them to the living room.

Harry sat down on the couch as his mum grabbed the tv remote and a blanket which she lay over both of them, switching on one of her favourite programs to play in the background.

"How long have you guys been dating then? Wait you are dating right?"

Harry nodded, "Since the end of September so it's been a few months."

Anne smiled, "I'm glad it's him. He's such a sweet boy."

Harry blushed and nodded in agreement, Louis was the sweetest boy.

"And who else knows?"

"Umm, just this one girl from school and, and Gemma I guess."

"How did your sister know before me? She lives two hours away!"

Harry giggled, "We Skype, ya, and you know she just has a way of knowing everything."

Anne laughed and they continued in that way for a while. It was later in the evening, when Harry's mum was starting on dinner, that they heard a knock at the door.

"Can you get that, hun?" Anne asked her son.

Harry nodded and wiped his hands on his pants, they were damp from the carrots he was chopping for his mum. Harry opened the door to see Louis standing there. In his hand were his car keys and a small duffle bag, but that wasn't what had Harry's attention. What caught Harry's attention were the tears that were falling from Louis' red-rimmed eyes.