thirty

Hours later, after Luke had come home, along with Gemma, Niall, Harry, and Louis, everyone sat down to eat the spaghetti dinner that Louis and Harry had prepared together to thank Gemma for having them, although Harry did most of the cooking while Louis sat on the counter and demanded a kiss every few minutes.

After dinner, Louis and Harry quickly changed into slightly nicer clothing before vacating Gemma's room to give her the hour to get ready that she claimed to need. The boys ended up in the kitchen with Niall, who was taking out an absurd amount of alcohol.

"You really gonna need all that?" Louis asked, hopping onto the counter. Now that Harry was taller than him, he took almost every opportunity to gain some height on his boy.

"Yup!" Niall replied, "These parties are poppin'. Literally everyone will be drunk or high by midnight."

"Alright if I get a beer now?" Louis asked and Niall quickly handed one to Harry who passed it to Louis. Louis took the can and opened it, taking a sip before placing it on the counter next to him and reaching his arms out to Harry. Harry immediately came towards him, looking up at the boy as he rested his hands at the place where Louis' torso met his thighs. Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and shoulders, pulling him in close and placing a kiss to the top of his head, just letting them cuddle into each other.

Louis took another sip of his beer before speaking quietly to Harry, "You're so tall now, baby. What am I gonna do?"

Harry rolled his eyes but pressed his face into Louis' neck, hugging his arms around the boy's torso.

"You guys are so fuckin' cute." Both boys looked up to see Luke standing in the door. They both smiled and Louis said a quick 'thank you' while Harry just went back to where he had been before.

"Alright, Nialler?" Luke asked, taking a beer from where Niall was arranging them in a cooler on the table. "Your boy want one?" Luke added, turning to look at Louis.

Louis leaned back so he could look at Harry's face, "You drinking, baby?"

Harry shrugged, he was only seventeen and although he had drunk with Louis before, this was a real party and his sister would likely be watching him. He turned to look at Luke and Niall, "Am I allowed?"

"We won't tell," Niall said, Luke nodding along, so Harry turned back to Louis, "Can I just drink from yours?"

"Course, love," Louis replied, handing the beer can to Harry.

---

Now Louis and Harry had drunk together before. Louis had turned eighteen over the winter break and now frequently had beer, along with other, stronger stuff, in the trunk of his car. But Harry had never really drunk that much, knowing that they had to go home to his mother and usually Louis didn't really drink when Harry did, often limiting himself to a single beer, knowing that one of them had to drive home.

That's why Louis was surprised to see just how much alcohol his boyfriend was consuming. He had started out just sipping occasionally from Louis' own drink which started off as beer and slipped away to become mixed drinks, often containing rum or vodka as the party picked up. And as Louis sipped on what he thought was his fourth drink, Harry was pretty much drinking all of it, prompting Luke to just get the boy his own cup, which he and Niall were sure to keep relatively full throughout the party.

"Louuuuu," Harry whined as he approached Louis, who was sitting on the couch talking to some of Gemma's uni friends. Harry had disappeared to play beer pong with Luke and Niall. "My lovely Lou."

"H," Louis said, acknowledging his boyfriend. Harry was standing in front of him looking completely adorable. The younger boy was obviously drunk, his eyes struggling to focus on Louis as he toys with the hem of his sweater. "Come 'ere."

A smile immediately formed on Harry's face as Louis opened his arms to the boy. Harry sat down sideways on Louis' lap, leaning halfway against the armrest with the rest of his weight on his boyfriend's chest. After snuggling in, Harry's head quickly found its way into the crook of Louis' neck, where he placed a small kiss, causing Louis to smile and wrap his arms tightly around the boy in his lap.

"You guys are so cute," The girl beside Louis said. He had been talking to her before Harry came over, asking questions about her program and the university itself. She then turned to her boyfriend who was sitting on her other side, "Why can't we be this cute?"

Louis chuckled lightly, "Yeah I guess we are."

"You guys must get told that all the time. I can just imagine being in high school with you guys, the cuteness would make me sick. How long have you been together?"

"Since the end of September, so about five months I guess," Louis shrugged.

"Your friends must hate you," The girl laughed, taking a sip from the cup of what Louis assumed was alcohol in her hand.

Louis hesitated, he didn't even know this girl yet for some reason, he felt compelled to share his feelings with her. "We're uh, actually not out yet..."

"Oh," The girl frowned, "Why?"

Louis was taken aback by the question. However, Louis had seen her boyfriend refill her cup at least three times in the half-hour they had been sitting beside each other so he wasn't completely shocked by bluntness.

"I don't want my friends to know I'm gay."

"Why not, I bet they wouldn't even care and, if they do, maybe you shouldn't be friends with them."

Louis looked down at the boy in his arms who, although his eyes were half-open as he lazily looked around the room, seemed completely out of it.

"I'm scared," Louis admitted.

The girl gave him a pitiful smile and reached over, resting her hand on his arm in a friendly manner, "Look, dude, you clearly love him. Do it for him."

Harry pressed another soft kiss to the place where Louis' shoulder met his neck, prompting the older boy to look down.

Harry sighed and pouted, and Louis leaned down to kiss the pout away, drawing an immediate smile to the boy's lips. Harry giggled adorably and reached his hand up to brush Louis' hair off the older boy's face, giggling again when he missed and almost poked him in the eye. Louis chuckled and pressed a kiss to Harry's forehead.

"My lovely Lou," Harry whispered again before promptly falling asleep in Louis' arms.

---

I'm so happy cuz I get to use this scene which I legit wrote months ago

also I came up with the title from this -- the whole "I'm scared" thing

in my doc, this story is just called June 1 cuz that's when I began to write it

anyway

love you all

xx