Chapter 15 ~ safe

~Jacksons Pov~

The minute I saw my baby boy all beat up I lost a part of me that anger the hurt the guilt of all I did to him in the past everything washed over me the minute I saw him there with all the bruises. I held onto him as he cried in the hospital this boy has captured every bit of my heart.

"Hey love how are you feeling" I said softly.

"Somewhat okay now still the nightmares" he said softly.

"Its okay love I will protect you at night you will be okay."I said.

He looked down and held the sheets.

I walked over to him and sat next to him on the bed.

"I am sorry that I said you were just another fling you mean the world to me and the moment you left I was at my worse. I care about you I want to keep you safe I want you to be happy. I want you." my eyes started to tear up.

Thats when he leaned over and kissed me and I kissed him back. It felt like stars were around me it felt ....right.

"I want you too" he whispered in my ear.

I smiled big and held him close to me never wanting to let him go just wanting to enjoy this moment for as long as I can. The nurse then walked in to check the bruises and his one broken foot.

"How do you feel at the moment Shawn" she asked writing down his information.

I stared at Shawn as he was talking to the nurse this boy had me wrapped around his little finger he was so perfect for me.

"Alright his leg is a little messed up he will need to stay in a wheel chair because he is so small and frail crutches will not do very well for him at the moment." The nurse said quitely.

"Alright I can, do that anything else?" I asked.

"Yes make sure he tries to still be active but he also needs to relax and put the cream around that foot and make sure he doesn't get sick if he does bring him back here." She said writing down all the meds he needs.

Once she was done she left to get a wheel chair for him. We helped him into it and I took him to the car placing him in his seat and the wheel chair in the backseat. We drove and got to my well I hope soon Our home. I helped inside and there was my mother screaming of joy in spanish and kissing Shawns cheeks exclaiming in spanish and crying. Then she hit me and cussed me out saying basically I was super stupid for letting this boy go.

"Esta bien mama" Shawn said.

Me and my mom stared at him with wide eyes.

"So you speak spanish"I said.

"Yes mother was spanish before she died" he said simply.

"Mama I am going to take Shawn upstairs to rest" I told her.

I took Shawn up the stairs and set him in the bed and I came right after him and snuggles him.

"You make me feel safe and loved thank you daddy"