Chief panted as he ran through the woods getting his daily run in. He came up upon another wolf drinking from the lake in the middle of the woods. The wolf looked up at him. Their eyes met and that's when Chief knew he was the one. His mate. The wolf turned and took off through the woods. Chief put his head down. He couldn't pass this side of the lake. He didn't want to risk going onto someone else pack land.

Our mate ran from us. Chief said to Oliver.

I saw. Oliver responded.

I can't believe this, what if we never find him. Chief walked over to where his mate was just at.

He sniffed around trying to pick up his scent, it was barely there.

I can smell his scent faintly. I wanna bury myself in it. Chief laid down rolling around where his mate was.

Let's go. Oliver said.

They headed back to the spot where Oliver had shifted. Once he was back human again he dressed and headed back to the packhouse.

"How is everything?" Oliver asked his Beta as he approached him.

"Everything is doing fine." His Beta answered. "The Park's moved out so we have an extra room now."

"Moved out?" Oliver questioned.

"Yeah, they built a house on the pack lands. Do you not remember giving them the okay to do so?" His Beta shook his head.

"Sorry, I've got a lot on my mind." Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm going to my office."

Oliver walked into his office he sat on the couch. He covered his face with his hands.

"Why did you run from me?" Oliver mumbled. "I finally found you after years of searching. Please don't make me wait any longer."

Oliver got up, grabbing his car keys and coat he headed out to his sister's bakery shop. He walked in taking a seat. His sister walked up with a smile on her face.

"Why the long face?" She smiled.

"Olivia." He sighed. "I saw my mate today."

"That's great." Her smile widened.

"He ran away from." Oliver sighed.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She mumbled. "Maybe he was just surprised."

"Yeah, maybe." Oliver sighed. "Chief did get pick up his scent even if it was faint."

"See, that's good." Olivia smiled happily. "So the next time he comes around, you'll be able to sniff him out."

Oliver chuckled shaking his head.

"I' ma go for a walk." Oliver got up. "See you at home."

"So you're not going to the packhouse dinner tonight?" Olivia asked.

"Ugh, I forgot about that." Oliver facepalmed himself. "Thanks for reminding me."

"See you later." Olivia smiled.

Oliver hugged his sister before leaving. He started kicking this can as he walked. He minds lost in his thoughts.

"Get off of me." He heard a girl cry.

"Oh come on sweetie." Oliver shivered in disgust.

He looked down the small alleyway. He shook his head seeing a young girl pinned to the wall. With one strong good kick, he knocked the guy in the head with the can. Oliver walked over to them.

"Didn't your mom ever teach you not to rape girls?" Oliver pushed the guy away from the girl.

She rushed behind him. Oliver could hear her heartbeat. She was scared out of her mind.

"Don't mess with me." The guy pulled out a gun.

Oliver shook his head as a smirk formed on his face. In a blur quick movement, Oliver had the gun in his hand pointing it the guy.

"You can either leave, or I'll kill you." Oliver arched his brow.

The guy put his hands up and started backing away.

"If you ever do this again, I will find you and kill you." Oliver unloaded the gun and tossed it in the trash. "People like you disgust me."

Oliver went to walk away but the girl grabbed onto him.

"You're one of them." She said. "You have to be."

"One of what?" He asked, curious.

"A vampire." She answered with confidence.

Oliver laughed shaking his head.

"That I am not." He smiled.

"Then what are you?" She asked him.

"A secret." He said walking away from.

"Thank you." She shouted.

"Stay away from dark alleys," Oliver shouted back.

He went on with his walk finding himself in front of his house. Oliver was ready to walk up to his driveway when he got a whiff of his mate's scent. He looked around, sticking up his nose in every direction.

"It's probably all in my head." Oliver shook his head. "Other werewolves aren't allowed on my land unless ... he's from my pack."

Oliver laughed at himself.

"Nah, it can't be." Oliver walked into his house.

You yourself,
as much as anybody in the entire universe,
deserve your love and affection

༻✿༺

Hello, my fellow Wattpaders. I'm back at it with another werewolf book of mine. Please show it some love by commenting and voting!  If you catch a mistake of mine let me know by commenting. Thank for just clicking on my book and giving it a chance.