Soccer first, Party later

"Do I look okay?" Jess asks me as we reach the front porch of the house party. She stops in front of me so I can get a view.

"You look great Jess" I tell her and she gives me a serious look.

"I'm serious" I tell her and she smiles, and we walk to the front door. Loud music blaring, I doubt anyone heard us knocking. After a minute, I just grab the door handle and open the door. Jess and I chuckle to each other, and I let her walk in ahead of me. I shut the door behind me, and I notice red Solo cups everywhere. People talking or dancing. We make our way to the back, and there's a slide door, that leads to the backyard. We walk over, and we see people in the pool. Some drinking, and dancing. A girl walks over to me, and hands me a cup. I take it but I look inside of it.

"What is it?" I ask the unknown girl. She smirks, and licks her lips.

"Just beer"  she holds her up, and we clash them together in some praise. She drinks it, and I put it on against my mouth but never opening it. I let it wet my lips but never drinking it. After she chugs hers, she grabs my forearm and leads me to what they are calling a dance floor. I pull back lightly from her grip.

"I don't like dancing" I tell her, and she scoffs.

"Nonsense everyone likes dancing" she urges me to go one way, but I stop. I shake my head. She grips her hands on me anyway. I move slightly with her to the beat. If my parents saw this, they'd kill me. I mean we arnt religious but Mexican parents are not always acceptive of the LGBTQ community. After a few mins, I scout around the backyard for Jess. She was talking to a boy, and he was getting her a drink.

"Would you excuse me?" I tell the girl, and I don't wait for her answer. I'm already making my way to Jess.

"Hey don't drink any cup handed to you from some stranger.. okay?" I tell her, and she looks at me weird but nods. The guy comes back, and he hands her a red cup. I look at her with pleading eyes.

"Hey" he greets me, and I fake smile at him. I see Jess spill the drink behind him, on the grass. I nod at her, and he turns his attention back to her.

"Want to dance?" He asks her, and she nods. I take a seat by the pool. Making sure she's not too far from me. I just look at the people around me, I don't have a phone so I don't have anything to buy time. I'm so ready to go home already, I'm not big on parties. I only came for Jess. A girl I haven't seen at all at the party sits next to me. I didn't get to see her face as much, her hair covers some of her hair. All I know is that she has beautiful brown eyes, probably the most beautiful I've seen. I stop staring at her, and give my still filled cup in my hand.

"You don't look like to party much" she speaks up, and looks over to me. Finally seeing her face. I'm mesmerized, I can't even come up with anything. She's drop dead gorgeous.

"Oh shit.. you're high aren't you?" She snaps her fingers, and I just can't bring up all the words. I rub my palms on my jeans and I tell myself to pull it together.

"Sorry, you're just really beautiful"

She chuckles "Is that your line for the girls you've encountered today?" She smiles

"Only the ones with beautiful brown eyes .." I admire her attire. "With hoop earrings, and a maroon dress"  she blushes and giggles. Her giggle is the cutest. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. Giving me a better view of the right side of her face. I bet she looks amazing in every angle.