Tour

It was a bright and cool Sunday. Different new students were smiling, talking with each other, obviously excited about their new school. Although there was one face in front of the group of new students that stood out, a scowling face at that.

"I can't believe I was assigned to give a tour to some kids." A girl that was wearing sunglasses spoke.

A taller girl next to her took what seems to be a list and spoke, "You weren't assigned, you're being punished for slacking off." She looked at the list and flipped it. "You better get moving since you have a lot to cover according to this."

The other girl took the paper back, crumpled it and threw it in the trash bin next to them. "I'd rather not tire myself out for some newbies. Plus they're smart right? They can probably manage to not get lost in such a small place."

"I mean it's your punishment." She shrugged.

"Thank you for being such a great help Maya," She said sarcastically. "What would I ever do without you." She sighed

"Dick." Maya laughed along with the other girl "Anyway as much as I think you actually deserve this punishment, I still wish you luck...so good luck with the kids." And with that, she took off.

Shaking her head the shorter girl finally faced the group of students that were waiting and spoke.

"Alright, children listen up! My name is Dana Lilien and please prepare yourselves for a great tour." She said with a smirk.

Dana gestured the group to follow her. They have had a few steps but then someone from the group suddenly spoke.

"Wait, this isn't the right way." A guy pointed out.

Dana raised her eyebrow with an unamused look on her face that said, "Seriously?"

"I-it's there on the far side." His head was down looking at the pavement not wanting to meet the girl's intimidating gaze.

In return, Dana gave a knowing but a shit-eating grin, "Well you see I'm showing you guys a shortcut. Trust me I know where to go, I've been here for a couple of years now." She said with more gusto.

He thought for a moment as he looked back at the alleged right way and rubbed the back of his neck, clearly hesitating. He pondered for a few seconds more before he gave in and gently retreated.

Dana spoke, "Let's get on with it."

----

"Oh my god Hope you would not believe the tour I had," Josie exclaimed. "A supposed 'responsible adult' just messed with us 'kids'."

"Why? What's with the air quotes?"

They were in the apartment that Josie's father rented instead of a usual dorm. Hope was sitting on a couch in their living room watching some random documentary. Description of apartment

Josie got a drink from the kitchen fridge before sitting down next to Hope on the couch.

"Well, it started with Lizzie not being able to be with me for the nth time. I mean I get that our dynamic was like that but still, I'm a senior now and she's a second-year college student. She should have at least let me know beforehand that she was going to be busy." Josie sighed