Hang Out

Josie and Penelope had walked all the way from the flower shop to Lizzie's apartment. Josie wasn't too keen on the idea of walking that far. In fact, she even pleaded to Penelope for an uber but of course, the shorter girl didn't waver. Apparently according to her saying exercise was important was an understatement.

After Penelope had revealed that Josie's sister was currently dating her previous best friend, they talked about it.

"Don't worry they're going to break up soon." Penelope nodded.

"Why do you say that?"

"Have you met your sister?"

Josie glared at her.

"Kidding," She put her hands up defensively. "Well look at what I'm doing right now, don't you think MG should be the one giving this?"

"Yeah he really should." Josie said, knowing that Lizzie didn't really like Penelope. And she kinda understood why.

Lizzie wasn't expecting any visitors that day. After her boyfriend cancelled on their anniversary, it was a surprise when the doorbell rang.

For a hot second, she actually thought that her boyfriend surprised her. But much to her dismay it wasn't.

"Oh look it's Satan in crop top holding a bouquet of roses. What are you doing here?"

"Cute," Penelope scrunched her nose and handed the roses to the taller blonde. "Even Josie has the same nickname for me."

Lizzie had a confused look on her face as to how Penelope even knew Josie. She was sure that her sister would never associate herself with Penelope and the whole mess she comes with.

Curiously she asked, "Josie?"

Penelope nudged her elbow to someone beside her. Lizzie opened the door wider see who the person beside Penelope was.

"What are you doing here?"

Before Josie could respond to Lizzie's question the raven-haired girl decided to let herself inside the apartment. Josie followed suit. She went to the kitchen, sat down on a barstool, and spoke. "I ran into Penny-"

Penelope, who was now sitting on a grey couch, coughed loudly to interrupt Josie's use of the (in Penelope's own words) "God-forsaken nickname".

"-Penelope." Josie smiled at the girl's reaction "When were you going to tell me that you were dating MG?" Josie wasn't mad she was more of surprise. Back then, as soon as Lizzie found a guy remotely interested in her she would be talking about it to Josie 24/7.

"I-"

"Don't worry about it Lizzie." Josie shrugged.

"I was going to tell you I swear. I know he's your best friend but-"

"Lizzie it's fine," Josie smiled "He was my best friend. It's not like your dating Hope."

Lizzie smiled back "Right."

Their attention from one another was caught by the loud intro from a show on Netflix.

"What are you still doing here?" Lizzie asked, annoyed.

"What? Can't a girl watch a few episodes?" Penelope said innocently while her attention was still on the screen.

"You can, but you don't live here anymore do you?"

"You used to live here?" Josie asked, "Oh so you were the pesky bitch of a roommate." She added, remembering the exact words that Lizzie once said.

So that's why she knew where Lizzie's house was.