Getting Murdery

"Saltzman! It said to throw the ball and hit the pins!" The raven-haired girl shouted mockingly at the taller blonde. "Not piss all of our time away and throw it into the gutter."

With gritted teeth, the girl spoke. "Do you want to take the pins' place?"

"Sure," Penelope shrugged. "You'd miss anyway." She said as the orange bowling ball continued to roll in the gutter.

Josie looked at her older sister and saw that she was using all of her energy to try and calm herself down.

Lizzie walked back towards the chairs with her hand held up to let her younger sister know not to say anything.

"I-"

"Don't."

"Okay."

While Josie was waiting for the bowling lane to reset the pins, she was scanning the place they were at.

The four of them were at a little bowling alley in the mall near to their university. Neon lights surrounded the place and at the back were racks of bowling balls. Bass-heavy music can be heard throughout the lanes as well as the sounds of people their age talking and playing the game too.

They were situated on the chairs next to the machine that helped return the ball. Lizzie was seated next to her, while Hope was seated across her and next to Penelope. The latter was standing up waiting for her turn as the whirr of the ball returning through the machine sounded.

Hope stood up from where she sat and took Josie's hand, leading her away from the group.

"What's wrong? Are you hungry?" Josie asked since they were now in front of the food stands.

"What's wrong with you?"

"What?" She repeated not really all that bothered by Hope's insult.

Hope exhaled, "Josie I love you and all but in what world did you think the four of us can hang out together without anyone getting, "

She paused and glanced at Lizzie who had a death glare written all over her face directed at Penelope. "Murdery."

The answer was a no brainer for the brunette.

"I just thought that since Penelope and I are friends, and you're friends with her and Lizzie, we could have a small...'get together'. Besides, I thought the two of you were fine already."

"We are, but to an extent. Didn't you factor out the Penelope and Lizzie hate each other part?"

Josie smiled sheepishly. "That was a huge mistake on my part."

"And bowling too, you know that Lizzie sucks at it."

"She does." She said suppressing a laugh, finding the whole situation a bit funny before completely registering what Hope had said. "Wait, how do you know that?"

She knew that she never mentioned anything about Lizzie not liking bowling to Hope. And since when did they ever hang out?

The sound of pins scattering on the waxed wooden lanes rang through as their conversation went on.

Her eyes widened but she quickly recovered and said, "No reason."

Josie quirked an eyebrow.

"I mean by looking at the scores right now you can clearly see that she does." Hope said smoothly.

"Bu-"

"Josie it's your turn." Penelope said, who was now standing next to the two of them. "Didn't you see me? I just scored a strike."