Road Trip Pt 2

A/n

Im sorry but kaylee bryant can like...get it

--------

Josie and Penelope were seated at a corner booth inside of a diner. The place was almost empty apart from a few people that seemed to be travelling or going somewhere as well. It was decorated with various items that made it look like your usual roadside diner.

She had just come back from the bathroom after Penelope insisted she change clothes, her being soaked from the rain and all.

"So," Penelope began. "Mind explaining why you shouted at me after I picked you up in my car?" She took a sip out of the cup of coffee she was holding.

Josie sighed. "Like I said earlier, you scared me."

The two's both posture and tone while talking seemed as if they weren't at a roadside diner but instead they were having some sort of a business meeting in a rather fancy restaurant. A restaurant filled with successful businessmen instead of people that looked dead into the night, just wanting to go to their destination.

Penelope looked at the girl in front of her who was now wearing her oversized black hoodie and some sweatpants she had in her car. When she thought of Josie wearing her clothes, she never imagined that this was going to be the situation.

"You were basically stalking me the whole day." Josie said and blew air on her cup of tea.

"I wasn't stalking you. The things you said earlier were merely coincidences."

"Is that why your car was parked in the same place where my dad's house was?"

"Coincidence," Penelope shrugged. "My brother lives there."

Josie's eyes widened.

"Bet you didn't think of that huh? But yeah my brother has a house there, where I stayed at for two days."

Penelope continued. "I was not stalking you the only time I actually saw you was at that waiting shed, wait, no, when you were standing in the middle of the rain." She let out a small laugh.

Josie leaned towards the table and narrowed her eyes not finding the situation the least bit funny. "And then you, or rather what I thought was a suspicious black car started acting strange and chased after me."

"First off," The shorter girl took another sip of her drink. "I stopped the car because I answered a call. After I hung up, that was when I saw you. Second of all, I started to drive faster because I was scared that you would run into the woods."

"What?" She said, unbelievingly.

"Hey, I didn't know what you were thinking." Penelope rose her hands up in surrender. "Third of all, I couldn't just leave you stranded there."

"What- why were you even driving back to Whitmore at 10 pm?"

"I got bored and wanted to go back a day early. Plus there's no traffic during these hours. Now, did I finally answer all of your questions?" Penelope asked calmly.

Josie, seeming satisfied, leaned back in her seat and cleared her throat. "Yes, yes you did."

A waiter who looked in his late 30's with a small pad of paper walked towards them and asked if they wanted anything else to go with their drinks.