Chapter 8

Wednesday, 15 November, and Maya was busy trying to figure out what is going on with her family.
Her parents have been acting very weird and since it hasn't been all moonshine and roses Maya thought she would do a fee things to keep the flame in the house alive.
She did what she had to keep the peace and eventually she would ask Shawn what is going on but not right now.
Now she had more important things she had to do.

"Dad, could you..."

Maya walked di to the living room finding Shawn fast asleep on the couch.
She sigh as she does realize she won't get anything out of her parents today.
She then grabs her backpack heading to school.
She stands still in front of the school as she watches Rucas make out.
She sigh as she pulls out her phone and quickly dials Josh's number.

"Morning, Maya. How's it going?" Josh asked.
"Okay, could I possibly drop by this afternoon? Gotta get out of the house," Maya said.
"Yeah sure. Come anytime you're ready. I'll see you then," Josh said and Maya hung up.

"Hey Rucas! If your father catches you he slocling you up till you're eighteen," Maya said.
"Funny. Who were you talking to?" Riley asked.
"Your uncle. I'm gonna spend the afternoon with him. Listen finals are starting soon. Next month. We have to figure out how we are gonna study," Maya said.
"Let's do that tomorrow. Let's go," Riley said and they were gone.