Chapter 18

"You look ridiculous," Lucas said as Maya went to sit down.
"Shut up, Lucas," Maya said as she put her hat down.
"Just saying. You are not a cowgirl," Lucas said.
"Agreed," Zay said and Maya gave them both a look.
"If looks could kill then nobody would be here," Riley said as Maya took a sip of her water.
"Then let them kill people. The less people judging the better," Maya said.
"We hanging today at my place?" Riley asked and Maya shook her head.
"I need to talk to Josh about something so I'm going to his," Maya said.
"Everything okay? You guys seemed on edge with Thanksgiving," Riley said.
"Yeah, we're fine," Maya said.

~

It was the afternoon and Joshaya sat at Josh's apartment not sure what to tell each other.
They knew it was just going tk be awhile until they eventually talk tk each other but didn't know what to do about everything.
Maya looked at Josh as she took a sip of her tea he had made her.

"So, are we gonna stare at each other the entire time or are we gonna talk about whatever you came here for?" Josh asked as he drank his tea.
"We aren't just friends anymore and you know that. We are so much more than that," Maya said.
"I do. But what do you want to do about it? We are truly not doing much about it. Your mother and Riley are anyway making it very difficult," Josh said.
"My mom and Riley have nothing to do with this. Let's give us a shot," Maya said.
"Let's go ahead then," Josh said as he gave Maya a kiss.