Chapter 14

"I can not believe you are here knowing your mother is pregnant and you are sick. Are you out of your mind?"
"Uncle Shawn, I invited her. I wanted her here for Thanksgiving," Riley said and Shawn shook his head.
"I won't infect her. The doctor says I'm past that stage. Besides if Josh hadn't caught it yet I doubt Mom will," Maya said.
"You better hope so," Shawn said.
"So my best friend's wife is nine weeks pregnant and my daughter is five weeks pregnant. Can my life get better?" Cory said and Maya smiled at the comment.
"Why is she cross with you? She mentioned something like that last week," Katy said.
"I messed..."
"Leave it. He did nothing. I was just upset for no reason. That's all. Too little sleep," Maya said and Josh looked at her.
"Good luck with keeping her happy one day. She is different," Cory said.
"Please she's just fine," Josh said trying to keep the conversation going.

It was a bit later the night and now most of the people were heading home.
Katy and Shawn had already gone home since it wasn't very clear how long Katy would last without feeling very bad morning sickness and Lucas went home so he could figure out what is a few things regarding Riley's pregnancy.
Josh had also gone home since he was dead sure he had enough to deal with regarding Maya and the entire thing with all his lies.
So now it was just the Matthews and Maya or just Rilaya since Corpanga put Auggie to bed.

"How you feeling?" Maya asked and Riley shrugged her shoulders.
"Don't know. Feeling nauseas all the time definitely. And you? The cold can't be easy to handle," Riley said.
"I'm fine. I need to head on home. I'll see you," Maya said and left the apartment.