Two Best Friends

This is another song from HSMTMTS and when I heard this song I thought it was perfect for this story.

"Dear Mal,

I just wanted to tell you how lucky I am to be best friends with you. You're the best friend I could ever ask for. Thank you for always being there.

-Ben"

"Wow Ben that's really sweet of you, but why did you have to write this in a letter? You could've just told me." Mal wondered.

"Well I wrote that in like 3rd grade or something and found it and I wanted to give it to you." Ben told her.

"Okay. Well if that's it. I should go back inside. I have homework to finish." Mal said.

"Y-yeah that's all." Ben smiled.

"Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow then." Mal replied and headed back inside.

Before she went inside she turned back to Ben and he smiled and waved to her. She waved back, then went inside.

She put the letter on her on desk as she sat down. She looked over at the framed picture of her Ben. (See picture above) She picked it up and smiled. Then put it back and got back to work.

Ben walked into his room and laid on his bed mad at himself. He looked over, then got up and picked up the real letter from his desk.

(The next day)

"Hey Ben. Did you give Mal the letter?" Eliza questioned.

"No. I chickened out and gave her a different one." Ben answered.

"What? Ben what are you doing? I thought you wanted to be with her?" Eliza was asking.

"I do, but I worried she got over me and doesn't like me like that anymore." Ben explained.

"Well there's only way for you to find out." Eliza said and smiled at Ben as Mal walked in behind them.

"Okay fine I'll give it to her. Just not right now." Ben agreed.

"Good. Now I gotta run, but I'll see you during rehearsal." Eliza said before leaving.

(Later)

Ben walked into the auditorium on stage. He picked up a guitar and started playing it. Till he heard the doors open. Then he saw Mal walk inside.

"Oh I'm sorry Ben. I didn't know anyone was in here. I can leave." Mal started turning around.

"No Mal wait!" Ben yelled out to stop her.

She stopped and turned back to him. "Yeah Ben?"

"You maybe want to help me?" Ben asked.

"Help you with what?" Mal started walking towards him.

"I want to sing this song, but it's kind of a duet." Ben told her.

"What are you singing for? And what song?" Mal wondered.

"Doesn't matter right now. It doesn't really have a name yet." Ben responded.