The Dream

"Mal, honey! Come on. You don't want to be late to school!" Her mom called up to her.

"School? I thought it was the weekend?" Mal said to herself.

(Minutes later)

Mal pulled up to school. As she was walking in she spotted Evie and Carlos walking together.

"Oh yeah guys." Mal greeted them.

"Hey M." Evie smiled.

"Hey." Carlos waved over to her.

Mal was about to say something, then noticed Evie and Carlos were holding hands.

"Uh..." Mal was saying.

"Something wrong?" Evie wondered looking at Mal concerned.

"Since when did you two start dating?" Mal asked.

"What are you talking about Mal? We've been dating for a while." Carlos responded.

"Right..." Mal was nodding. "Excuse me. I should get going."

Then Mal walked away from them and quickly went inside. She went to her locker. She looked over and saw Ben. She waved to him as he was walking with his friends, but he didn't see her.

(During class)

Mal and Ben had the same class. Mal was sitting in the back while Ben was sitting in the front with Chad. She kept looking at him waiting for him to look back at her. He never did though.

After class Mal walked out and was walking to her locker when she bumped into someone.

"Hey watch where you're going." The girl demanded.

"Sorry." Mal said quietly, then looked up and saw it was Eliza. "Eliza?"

"Yeah? What do you want?" Eliza asked giving Mal a look.

"Do you not remember me?" Mal checked.

"Should I remember you?" Eliza replied with a question.

"Yeah. I was dating your brother for a little bit, you were dating Ben, and we were friends." Mal was explaining.

"Yeah right. My brother wouldn't date you. And I wouldn't ever think about dating Ben. He's not my type. Popular football jock. Now if you'll excuse me." Eliza said, then walked away from Mal.

Mal shook it off, then as she was walking to her locker she saw Ben at his locker.

"Ben."Mal said walking up to him.

"Hey Mal. Can I help you with something?" Ben looked over at her.

"I waved to you this morning. You didn't wave back." Mal stated.

"Oh I'm sorry? I didn't see you." Ben was saying in a questionable tone.

"Are you mad at me about something?" Mal checked.

"Why would I be mad at you? We haven't even talked in years. Remember? I told you how I felt in the beginning of the year, but you didn't feel the same the same way. Then he stopped talking to me." Ben explained.

"Hey." Audrey said smiling as she walked up to the two.

"Hey babe." Ben smiled back at her.

"Babe? Wait you two are dating?!" Mal asked shocked.

"Yeah... Why do you care? You have a boyfriend." Audrey told her.

"I do? What are you talking about?" Mal questioned.

"Is she serious?" Audrey asked looking back at Ben.

Ben shrugged, then looked at Mal. "Mal are you okay?"