» 17 «

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
ʟᴏᴠᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SEVENTEEN• ʟᴏᴠᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

After many messages and missed calls from both your mother and father, you decided to finally come home. It wasn't like you wanted to, but you needed to be there for your dad.

You make your way into the master bedroom, scared to see your dad since you had told him the news over a phone call. You just couldn't find it in you to tell him in person.

And there he was, packing his clothes into his suitcases as tears raced down his ashen cheeks. The sight hurt too much since you've never seen your father cry.

"Dad," You say softly and he looks up, wiping away his tears.

"You're here." Elias smiles weakly, walking over to embrace you in a tight hug.

"Where's mom?" You ask once he pulls away.

"I told her I was coming by at 2 so she wouldn't be here."

"Dad," You start, tears already pooling in your eyes. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you in person. I'm so sorry that I let you deal with this all alone while I ran away from it. I just..."

Small sobs take over your words and you look down, heartbroken.

"Hey, honey, no," Elias raises your head slowly. "I understand. Catching a parent cheating is already bad enough. You caught your mom with your ex. I can't imagine how horrible it felt."

"So what's going to happen now?"

"I know this is all so sudden, but you and I are moving to Jeonju with your grandmother until I find an apartment or a house."

"Dad–"

"I know you have all your friends here and that you're graduating soon, but you can graduate from Jeonju Fine Arts High School. It's a five-star school."

"But I love Busan Arts."

"Y/N, you cannot stay here with a friend," Elias sighs. "Unless you want to stay with your mother."

"No," You reply almost immediately.

"Then please pack, honey," He puts his hand on your shoulder and gives you a tight-lipped smile. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be."